@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys, some of you know that I went on a kinda hiatus to focus on my writing and to deal with some personal stuff.
The personal stuff is that I have been dealing with depression for a while now. When my family moved back to the states from the mission field I didn’t have anyone to talk to about what I was going through. I didn’t fit in to how…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
That’s good! There’s some books/shows I see and I just get dragged down and depressed by how dark they are. While straight-up comedy annoys me, I love humour in stories, particularly when they are very heavy (probably why I adore Charles Dickens)
Ah, interesting! I’ll have to look into it 😀
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Haha I just have been getting really sick of all the stories that try to be dark and edgy and take themselves way too seriously so I’m going for a different tone. Bad things happen, yes, but I am trying to maintain hope and retain a sense of humour.
42nd Street is basically a Broadway show about Broadway set during the Great…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Right…I have to say I have never tried anything of the sort, so… 😀
All cool musicals! Particularly Les Mis :D. I haven’t heard of 42nd Street though.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
My WIP is a comedy. But it is also tragic. A tragicomedy. Laugh at my MC’s pain or cry at it. Both are acceptable. 😛
The musicals I’ve watched are pretty mainstream and mostly what I’ve seen on West End. Les Mis, Phantom, Wicked, Matilda, Legally Blonde, 42nd Street (as strange as it sounds, I got my story idea while watching this)…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Yes, definitely. Not that I like killing characters. Not at all. I must have been thinking of someone else’s WIP when I thought yours was a comedy. Either that or I just heard romantic parody and assumed it must be comedic because parodies usually are.
Oh yes, I adore German musicals. Particularly Mozart (the one I’m listening to…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Meanwhile, there’s only so much lack-of-death we can take 😛 I guess it’s good that my WIP is not really a romantic comedy otherwise I would not have been able to get you to help me beta read at all.
German musicals? I have watched quite a few musicals but I don’t think I ever heard of any German musicals in particular.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Poor @rochellaine 😀 She isn’t quite on board with the torturing/killing of characters yet. But we still love her 😛
I was watching a girl rant about The Greatest Showman, but I got bored so now I’m listening to German musicals.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
It’s OK. Considering all the things I’m going to put my characters through, I think I am just as bad if not worse than you. Let’s concern @rochellaine together 😛
Ooh what are you watching? I’m watching a teaser trailer of a Korean television show. It was from quite a while ago but the actor I like is just so adorable in it I can’t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Yeah, I concern myself too. (And I concern @rochellaine too)
I’m watching things too when I should be torturing characters.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Ooh what a sadist. You’re editing?
Actually I’m not writing much now since I’m getting distracted watching videos of this actor that I really like 😛 But such is life.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I love doing that to my characters. I’m just about to dump all of my characters into despair as well.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’m finishing up the dumping of my MC into a pit of despair for my WIP.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Yes sorry. I was in a good part in my writing just now so got distracted 🙂
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey. I’m still here.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Anyone around?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy, you still around?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17, see you later
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17, @valtmy, I’m here for a bit
- Load More
