@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys, a friend of mine passed away this morning. She was born with medical issues and has been in and out of hospitals her entire life. Praise God she was a believer and so no longer feel pain, but it is still very hard on her family. So please keep her family in your prayers, she was only 12.
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, @jenwriter17, @catwing…[Read more]
-
Alia and
Emma Flournoy are now friends 8 years, 2 months ago -
valtmy replied to the topic So Long, Farewell (sort of) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @jenwriter17 @alia @gh24682468999
Thanks guys 🙂 All the best for you too!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Oh my friend…I’m sorry that I didn’t see this until now. I will definitely, definitely be praying for you.
For my whole life I’ve never felt like I fitted in with other teenagers. I remember talking to my mum about it once and telling her, “Its not that I want to be like them, because I don’t. I just want to feel included”.
And that’s…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Bye! I’m also leaving.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @valtmy Haha, I have been thinking about Nes so much I thought he had a longer scene. I see I was wrong. 😛 But thanks for the input. In answer,
No, she’s not going on a long journey, she’ll be coming home pretty soon, so living in the same town with Nes, (at least during the beginning of the book,) she’ll probably see him ag…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I have to go now. Bye!!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I think its too early to really tell about Nes. He does sound like he might be important, or at least a recurring character, from the amount of information you put in about him, so I definitely think you could expand him. Or you could not, its up to you. I’d have to have read the whole novel to decide whether he’s necessary. And I…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I had to return to the doc to see who Nes is (me and my forgetfulness).
I suppose it’s really up to you to decide since I don’t know what you have planned for your plot. The whole proverbs thing is a potentially interesting quirk that can be a good source of wit and levity (not that your story is a comedy).
I’m fine if he’s just a…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
No, me either. And my father has bad grammar, but I love him so I read his essays. 😛 I think I’m just holding back from contemporary because, as a general rule, there’s less opportunity for physical torture of characters. Still, I’d love to see if I can write a book without killing anyone.
Ah, see, my eldest brother, who’s fifteen,…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
If you’re the motherly type that wants to make sure no one gets hurt. why are you hurting your characters? 😛
Great! I would love to continue reading your story then 🙂
Hmm… giving your MC two names might be interesting and justified if she is navigating two different cultures.
As for my own MC… no English names…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Contemporary is very fun! You should definitely try it sometime. Mh, that would be cool. I’m not much into ancient history, which I find quite depressing as a general rule, but I got so excited about this story I decided to write it anyway. 😉
Haha, I suppose I’ve become desensitized. I’ve had a brothers/male cousins for all of…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Fair enough 😀 I’ve decided to try writing a contemporary, which is going to be kind of weird, because I’ve never written one, but I think it should be fun. And not as much research as I normally do 😀 I’d be lucky if I ever decided to write about the early church though, because my dad’s currently studying the early church and I get…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Actually, I am continuing with the story right now. That’s the one I’m working on for camp nano this July. 😉 Dunno whether I’m disciplined enough to get a lot done, but it’s going pretty well. Or pretty badly, if you consider that she’s in a much worse situation now than she was at the end of the part you read. 😛
Yes, I’m not su…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I am not sure if I am remembering this correctly but from what I learnt in my bible study, whether the names are Jewish or Greek can indicate the person’s background and origin. So I guess you should look at what type of name your MC’s family, given who they are as people, would give her.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I love research! But since I think it will take an extremely long time to research for this project and I really want to write it now, I’m going to do the research later. I know the culture very well, since it’s very similar to my dad’s culture, and I’ve compared and contrasted the cultures a lot, and that’s what I need most for t…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
A plan? Regarding your heroine’s name? OK I guess I’ll just see what you come up with if you decide to continue with the story. 😛
But you’re not the only one stuck with a difficult name for the purpose of symbolism. 😀 My MC’s name means ‘bright moon’ in Korean and the king and queen are often compared to the sun and moon so…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’m not sure whether the Jews back then were called by their Greek names, or whether because the Bible was written in Greek whether they were translated into Greek when it was written. You’d have to do more research on that 😀 I like researching though, do you like research? I assume you do.
Not that I really had a problem with…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy I’m glad you like it! Ohhh…much more trouble! 😛 You won’t believe what happens in the next couple of paragraphs. I mean, for a normal author, yeah, but for a character-coddler like me, my poor little girl is breaking my heart!
Bathshua is a mouthful to say, but not as much for me…as you say your heroine’s name is from your cu…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Yeah, totally fine. 😛 Different cultures. Anyway, the word people usually would use in polite company here would be the milder form with the same meaning which starts with “c”. As you can see, I don’t even use that one, but I have a few friends who do, and it’s totally not considered bad, like the other one is. 😉
- Load More
