@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Ah, maybe that’s where we differ. I don’t find it hard to write using I because my characters are often quite similar to me. I just fill in with imagination in the bits where they are different 😀
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey. Just getting lost reading SeekJustice’s blog and reviewing what I wrote last night… Do you think it is weird if every other character is described as handsome, beautiful, attractive etc.? I mean, my story is supposed to have a sugary romance novel surface (underneath the surface is something else entirely) after…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Ah, romance subplots are so pesky! They turn up when you least expect them and suddenly, whoa, that guy’s a love interest.
Starting Fires? Oh, I wonder why it’s called that 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
It does sound very dramatic, doesn’t it? Cool, I can’t wait to see what you think of the rest 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I’m here now! How’s it going? I think I’m finally going to read the rest of the third part of the second draft of your first book…I love the way that sounds…before I get back to my own book. 😀
@catwing Your WIP sounds interesting, but I’ve been waiting for three years for you to write Firebird… 😛
Just kidding, though. I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
😀 I guess I just got used to writing from only two point of views, but I really like first person so I just deal with it.
I don’t know. Is your book in first person or third? I was just suggesting you could try telling it from a different point of view for the second book, whether that was in first or third. Does that make sense?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Sorry. Am getting distracted checking out the blog 😛
I have no discipline when it comes to POVs. I just finished a chapter with a scene from the POV of a minor character who I doubt will ever show up on page again. I am amazed how you managed to consistently stick with a few POVs each book, SeekJustice.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
You could always swap some of the povs for book two, couldn’t you? in my novel, I have two first-person points, and while my main, main character remains constant, the other pov changes between books. You could try something like that if you wanted.
Poor Alex *hugs her*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I do indeed have a blog. anordinarypen.wordpress.com/ Â
@catwing Three isn’t bad, I’ve read books with more. I don’t think I could do more than three, 😛 I’d confuse myself, let alone my reader! Ah, okay, before she goes pyromaniac.
I have a question though. Is Alex bad? or misunderstood? or what?
-
valtmy replied to the topic So Long, Farewell (sort of) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Yep this is the same job I was agonising over back then. God is great! 😀
Thanks! 🤗
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey I’ll be here for a bit before I go off for bible study.
SeekJustice you have a blog? Can I read it? 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Oh yes! me too! I just want to get to book three…I’ve already book two, but its still pretty rough.
Yep, you’ve told me about that one. it’s the one which had a lot of povs and you had to get rid of some and its the one with Alex in it, am I right?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I have a love/hate relationship with the rewriting process, which is what I’ve been doing for the past few months. I’m almost finished now though, so that’s a relief. Which book are you rewriting?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
You still around? I’m here now, working on a blog post.
@rochellaine @valtmy @catwing Either of you wish to join us?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Oh that’s so hard. I will definitely be praying for you and your friend’s family. Praise God that she was a beleiver and that she’s finally at rest.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17 With the pencils, yes. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine @valtmy @jenwriter17 @sarah-anson @anyone
Oy! I’m writing! Care to join me?
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17Â That’s AWESOME!!
Could you do me a favor and darken the picture, if you can? So the color pops more? Thank you!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia, oh poor dear!
You are going through so many trials right now. Don’t ever forget how much Jesus loves you!
I’m so glad your friend was a child of God. Praying for you and her family.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia I’m sorry! I’ll pray for her family.
- Load More
