@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice, for some reason I thought you were 12 hours ahead of me.
wanna read a short story I just wrote? the first of the Cliche Broker collections
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@alia I’m a genius, I just tagged myself.
Yep, its 7:10am!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Yep, 7:10am 😀
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice, isn’t it early in the morning for you?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice, howdy
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@alia Hey! I’ll be around for a bit 😀
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@rochellaine, @jenwriter17, @catwing, @seekjustice, @dekreel, anyone here?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Blog Buttons in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 1 month ago
@jenwriter17 I should really do this one day. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 1 month ago
@skredder Sorry for never replying to you! That sounds fine 🙂
@jenwriter17 I’m happy if you want to make some comments in the doc, or if you just want to fill out the questionnaire. It all depends on what you want to do or what you have time for. I’d love it if you did though 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@catwing Hm, maybe it was a different girl. I remember someone coming to our booth and talking about my books and I asked her mom if it was okay if I recommended books with romance in them, and the mom said that the girl had read the LCS series. Guess I mixed you up with someone else. If it wasn’t you, I have no idea who she was…you’re the on…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Goodnight! 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, that’s the tough part. 🙁
Ah, okay. You know, it’s actually one musical where the main plot isn’t romance…sort of. 😛 It’s more about a father and daughter, though it includes their love interests, of course. But yes, it’s quite funny.
And I’ll say goodnight now. Talk to you later!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
*raises hand sheepishly* That would be me.
I do that all the time! I love acting out all the parts in different voices and can do a duet, if I do say so myself, quite effectively. The problem is when the lines start to overlap. *sigh*
I think I might have read it, but that would have been a while ago.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Wait a minute, wait a minute!! “It’s hardly my fault that you people like talking about them so much.” ???? Who’s the one who wrote them in the first place, friend? 😛
Yes!! That would be quite nice. 😀 Sometimes I even change my voice so I can feel like I’m singing the two different parts correctly. 😉
Did you get a chance to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Well, its hardly my fault that you people like talking about them so much. Still, my novel hardly falls into “romantic fiction”.
😛 I’m literally sniggering. If I was ever to get married, I would love to marry a guy who could sing, just so I don’t have to sing both parts of a romantic duet anymore. That would be great 🙂
I’ve had…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Yeah, yeah. You who wrote the books containing the two most talked-of couples on this forum… 😛 And two love triangles – if you count that awful way you changed Rain in the second draft of Stars. (yup, still complaining about that. 😉 )
Haha, since I wasn’t comfortable talking about specific things with her, (I don’t know her v…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
If I come across one, I’ll attempt it 😛 the style is still not my cup of tea though 😀
Well, that is a sliiightly awkward conversation. I’m curious as to the list of qualities you gave her? 😛
I did and it was Gesticulate from Kismet. It was pretty funny 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice They’re probably the least romance-y of any romance novels you could ever read. Like I said, they’re more about families than romance, usually. Or at least half and half.
You could always try one of her stand alone novels, and then if you didn’t like it you could get out of awkward conversations by just saying, “I probably read t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Well, I’ve never dared them, partly because they’re the Christian staples and I don’t want to offend anyone by saying I didn’t like them 😛
How’s things?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@seekjustice Hey, I’m here for a few minutes.
Well…Janette Oke’s books are not “mushy”. They’re more family books, with the romance there just as part of the life story. Especially in the Love Comes Softly series. I think probably half of her books start with the couple already married, and a lot of them are more about siblings caring for ea…[Read more]
- Load More
