@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Homework for Video 5: Character Arc in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 11 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Hey! Glad to see you’re able to work through this again. 🙂 That character arc looks good. I don’t normally recommend going for three at once, but those form a pretty natural progression there that should work decently well. I’ll look forward to seeing how you expand that in the next homework exercise.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
Okay, so that didn’t work. anybody know why?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
May I just say that this thread is amazing!! Why have I never bothered to post on it before? I do lots of collages for my novels. I probably spend too much time on them, to be honest.
@dragon-snapper lovely work. It’s so aesthetic (I love aesthetics!) and sci-fi-y.
@ingridrd nice work! I love it’s cold feel.
@Emily ooh, lighthouses! I love…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@kballen sorry it’s taken me so long to reply to you! I’m doing NaNo this year. What’s your name on the site? I’ll add you as a buddy. 😀 The best thing I can recommend (I haven’t done NaNo before but I did Camp NaNo in April and got 50,000 words) is 1. plan. even if you prefer just winging it, make some sort of outline or plot. Do exercises to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel, The Bible is my favourite, but other than that my top ones would have to be
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (its technically one book, so that saves me from choosing which of the three is my favourite)
Little Women by Louisa May Allcott
Through Gates of Splendour by Elisabeth ElliotBut I do have…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic So…I need some MORE advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel I agree with everything @kate-flournoy and @jane-maree have said so far. Writing on paper is a good idea for the first draft. In fact, that’s what I’ve done for a lot of my novels. I write the first draft in a notebook and then edit it as I type it up.
I know it can be hard to fight those perfectionist urges, but honestly it’s a bad idea…[Read more] -
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@Emily Nice! 🙂
-
Cloudy replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel Hayo! Thanks. 🙂 (I’m going to answer @christi-eaton ‘s question if that’s alright.) The challenge is inktober is http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober You’ll find more details at that website. But you can put your layout lines in pencils and then ink it. Liquid, pen, fountain pen, markers, anything with ink. You can even do it digitally with…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing *heart swells in delight* Zita the Spacegirl!!!!!!! I love those books! BTW his name is “Hatke” :-3
I follow the comics online – we don’t have newspaper either. 😉
What’s Mighty Jack about? I didn’t know he wrote anything else other than Zita. -
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@christi-eaton Howl’s Moving Castle is a book?! Who wrote it? 😀
OOOOH, A.S. Peterson! I didn’t know he wrote books! Isn’t he Andrew Peterson’s son? I might just check him out -
Joy replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@cloudy, Apologies for being a little late… Those are all awesome!
@christi-eaton you said they are “ink pictures.” Do they have to be drawn completely in ink, or could I like outline it in pencil, cause I like doing that. Or do you not know that? I like drawing too, so I wanna check this out…
-
Cloudy replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@cat-wing *runs to check work* *screams in despair* *runs back over to you* *gasps for breath* Yes I did that on purpose….
No I didn’t it was like, 1 in the morning and I was just trying to catch up before stuff could get in the way and I didn’t like the fingers so I’m like: How will the next one turn out? *facepalm* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic So…I need some MORE advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel honestly and unfortunately, no. You could outline your novel from the beginning (before you ever write anything) but that still won’t ensure that your story idea won’t change as you were writing it. In fact, it probably will, and that’s a good thing because it means your story is alive.
I’m a perfectionist too. I think I would have been…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g Don’t worry, I don’t… read much fantasy either. *glances around nervously to see if anyone looks ready to cast me out*
-
Joy started the topic So…I need some MORE advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @dragon-snapper, @daughteroftheking, @jane-maree, @that_writer_girl_99,
@any other eloquent advisers?As some of you probably know, I have been working on a novella, but I have a problem. When I write, everything has to be perfect, so I constantly go back and revise the stuff I’d already written in the novella; I’m not moving…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae and
Kylie are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Please critique this story! in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd *turns away guiltily* What!? No, don’t look at me. I’m not crying. NO. *wipes eyes, trying to be sneaky about it* *fails at being sneaky* I don’t have any critiques. Well done! *goes off in search of a tissue* *but not because I’m crying or anything*
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Please critique this story! in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd Ow… Well thanks for officially breaking my heart. There should be some sort of warning at the beginning about the strong and sometimes fatal emotions this story will produce.
I love the tone. As I think someone already said, it’s very wistful and nostalgic—quite lovely. Quite sad. Beautifully done, mellon nin.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is This Any Good? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@DAEUS WHY DIDN’T YOU TAG ME FOR THIS. I MISSED IT. *horrified sobbing that trails off into pathetic wails*
We is upset. *scowls* Don’t do it again.
*coughs* Yes. Anyway. After all that drama, I have nothing to say after all, because I love it. And you should definitely write it, because I want to read it.
So write it. -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd OOH! I love the colors. And the chocolate. And all of it.
- Load More
