@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Jenna Terese and
Jane Maree are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic How to Kill Off Without Killing in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
You could have them vanish into a portal, and have the person who created the portal kindly tell the remaining characters that the other ones “are perfectly happy” (it’s pretty cliche, but could work 😉 )
You could just have a quick scene where the characters are leaving to fight for other noble causes.
You could have them…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 It’s actually done already. 🙂 http://www.thescratchingquill.com/the-golden-ziggurat/
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How to Kill Off Without Killing in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Of course, when killing off a character, you don’t want readers to feel that they died for no reason. And if the reader didn’t feel connected with the character, it won’t resonate with them as much. The character needs to be made memorable first before thinking about killing him/her off.
That being said, a character dying because of a sacrifice…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj 😀 ha, thanks
I’m working on a bunch of projects right now! That are all kind of halted for various reasons
Two or them are short stories about Stan, one of them is a novella about a superhero, and I’m also working on the first book in my main series😀 I’ve worked on filming a few different projects- two fantasy short films, and a couple…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Brainstorming help in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
You say the two characters knew each other before this meeting. I think it would be really interesting if they had some bad history together, even if they didn’t really know each other. Even if they only met once, they could have negative or critical thoughts about each other. Backstory always makes things more interesting.
I hope this helps!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Anyone herrre?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter Yes, sad endings can be tough because readers might feel dissapointed- the thing you have to keep in mind, is there has to be some kind of goal achieved at the end to make the story feel worthwhile. So maybe the ending’s very sad, but it has to has glimmerings of hope and accomplishment to it- say, the queen gets kidnapped, the…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Help! I don't understand my characters! in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
I think you should let your characters develop on their own instead of picking a type. To me, picking a personality type sets your character in a box. And writing is all about thinking out of the box right? What I love to use is the ‘What If?’ question. What if my character loved……? Hated…..?Had a secret about…..? This works even better…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Should I be publishing my new work to my blog? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
If you want to submit your short stories to publishers or agents, some of them don’t like to use already published material (including stories on blogs, which they might consider published). But this might be a very slim percentage. I think you should collect your short stories, and maybe put one here and there on your blog. I hope this made sense…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
I actually really like it the way it is; it has a clean crisp feel. But if you feel like it needs something in the background, maybe a different texture background or a neutral color maybe?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Okay, I’ll give this some thought as I figure out the characters’ goals. Thank you!!! 👍
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I want to say Mr. Peabody & Sherman, but I bet I’m wrong. 😛 XD
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily Time travel
@dragon-snapper A Christmas party
@everyone Would you character rather be turned into a dragon for his greed (Eustace Scrubb) or fight a witch that turns into a dragon (Prince Philip).
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily @catwing @daughteroftheking @dragon-snapper @aislinn-mollisong @all-you-awesome-kapeefers
I’m still here, working on the KPA…
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@alia I soooo sympathize with you!!! Praying! 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 You’re welcome! I’m glad it makes sense! It looks like mumbo-jumbo to me XD
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Thanks so much for your advice! It makes a lot of sense. 😊
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@introvert_girl @kate-flournoy @seekjustice
Thanks for your replies!
So, I’ve read and listened to some stuff about Pinterest and I think if there is a social media site that would fit me, this would probably be it. I think I’ll probably give it a try, but before I commit to anything I like to have a strategy for how I’m going to use it.
I have…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
- Load More
