@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I’ve written down a list of various marketing goals for 2018. I’d like to have an audience of around 150 by 2019. Do you think that’s too high? I’d like to make a living from my art/writing someday, but right now my main goal is just to earn a little extra cash on the side.
Hmm… A marketing coach. That sounds like a good idea, but I’m n…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@aratrea My main focus is art, writing, and fiction. However, I can write on a variety of topics. I have The Christian Writer’s Market Guide but it’s very outdated, so I’ll probably invest my Christmas cash in the 2018 edition (I do own the 2016 Children’s Writers and Illustrators Market Guide, but most of the magazines are secular and I prefer to…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic I Gotta Get Me Some Writing Books in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose The KP resource library has a list of good writing books I would check out.
As for marketing books, I’d recommend Your First 10,000 Readers and The Book Launch Blueprint by Tim Grahl. I think those are probably the most solid marketing books I’ve read. I remember How To Market A Book by Joanna Pen having some good ideas too. You may…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@princesswriter Cool! 😃 Which country was your favorite to visit?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 *que piano guys music*
@jenwriter17 Ah! I love Ludovico Einaudi. Which is your favorite of his? I think mine is Nuvole Bianche.I like a lot of instrumentals as well…. I have waaay too many playlist for writing.
Audiomachine. Pretty much all of their songs. They’re epic. Like TSFH.
Brunuhville. They have some pretty, epic,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 I may or may not have been one of those insurrectionists…
.Walking up to people and saying ‘HI, I’m a Kapeefer!’
.Ceaselessly pointing out cliches and stereotypes.
.corrects grammar
.love ice cream way too much. Even if they don’t like ice cream, they love the thought of it.
.coffee. Yep. Just coffee.
.and they…[Read more] -
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Welcome to the site! Glad you found us. 🙂 What’s the premise of your graphic novel?
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@lifeofkatie Yep–no problem. 🙂 I figured as much!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Your username made me think up a story…
It was a cold December night. King Daeus and a small group of his most trusted knights hiked through the deep snow blanketing a thick forest. Their breath was easily visible in the freezing air.
The king held up a hand, signaling a stop.
”What is it?” asked Kate. “Troll thing…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
Ooh, Helen Jane Long’s music is beautiful. I listen to a lot of instrumentals while writing, especially The Piano Guys, TSFH, and film scores. Also whatever is on “Classical for Studying” on Pandora. 🙂
Ludovico Einauldi… never heard of the guy. I’ll give him a listen.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 I believe there were some insurrectionists at one stage or another, but I wouldn’t want to point fingers or anything. *pulls up hood, twirls sabre and walks away, glancing shiftily behind*
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Uh… everything I was going to say was already said by someone else. *shrugs*
@seekjustice *gasp* Are you implying that there may be traitors to our noble king residing in this very forum??? We must find them immediately and give them our harshest punishment! (That being no ice cream for a month. 😉 )
@daughteroftheking New favorite…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
A lot of people love to listen to music as they write, and I’m definitely one of them. Here are some of my favorites that never get old:
1) Helen Jane Long music. So. Beautiful.
2) Ludovico Einaudi. His music has a unique touch to it
3) Bluegrass Worship CD (30 songs by various artists) available on Amazon
4) The Nelons music. A gospel music…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel My Christmas was great 😀
Okay, Cya!
And @seekjustice, I’m signing off now too. Happy writing 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Platform and Marketing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Check out yourwriterplatform.com. It has a ton of info on this subject; about marketing, getting the word out about your book and/or website, building an email list and marketing. Also the book Build Your Platform by Jelen and McCallister. That will answer your social media question too.
I get ya, I’m an introvert too. It makes it hard to talk to…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
lol, I love it!!!❤
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*British narrator voice* To spot a Kapeefer, one must be very stealthy. On wrong move (AKA a spelling error like the one in this sentence), and you will scare your target away. Or, they will trip over themselves trying to correct you. 😉 Other definite signs of Kapeeferness:
– Sneaking up on unsuspecting newbies and saying “welcome to…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
My WIP: a sci-fi trilogy
Saving up $$$ to go to the 2018 Realm Makers Conference! -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel it’s a bit squashy.
Okay, bye!
- Load More
