@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Worldbuilding in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus I’ll have you know I was racing to get that typed out before you posted and said all my stuff for me. XD
No, good points though. Maps are important… I have them… in my head… XD Allegorical and historical elements too. Oooh ooh, in fact @Joy, I actually have a cool thing for you. Four ‘pillars’ for you to figure out, that’ll give you…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Worldbuilding in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh, drat. Kate just stole my secret fire. 🙁
-
Daeus replied to the topic Worldbuilding in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Fantasy, more than any other genre, is about the past, so the most important thing to nail down is the past history of your story world. Allegorical aspects are good to nail down early too if you want to have them. If you’re going to have magic, nail that down early. Oh, and nail down a map of all the lands included in your story, so you…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Worldbuilding in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Joy excellent question. Someday I want to write a book on worldbuilding, but I’ll try to refrain from dumping the entire tome off on you right here. XD
The first thing, I think, is to realize that worldbuilding is not so much a list of facts about where your story takes place as it is a key— like the key on a map— to discovering why your…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello, Fellow KeePers! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@slylilhuntress Ha! I’m reading The Green Ember Series right now too. Andrew Peterson’s great, though I have to sheepishly admit I haven’t read Dekker yet.
-
NC Stokes posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! *cake and ice cream everywhere*
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hello, Fellow KeePers! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@slylilhuntress Ah, so you know your MBTI type? You’re going to fit right in. 😉 What do you like to draw?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello, Fellow KeePers! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@slylilhuntress Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
Besides Lewis and Tolkien, what other writers inspire you?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 7 months ago
Question, ladies…..
Today we were supposed to read Ruth chapter 1 and have discussion tomorrow. So, do we wanna just read today and not post any comments until tomorrow? Or have discussion on through tomorrow until the next reading?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ingridrd Oo, I like that one a lot!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okey dokey, when I know what’s going on, I’ll be able to look into medicine more. Thank you!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah we might not want to show normal people (that would be non-writers) this topic here and our
weird, uh, interesting poem topics. 😉lol, maybe Charlie’s mother needs to snap herself out of it and pull Charlie away from that! 😀 😀 😀
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *laughing so crazy it’s obvious I offended my sanity and it went off in a huff*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart cool!
@pickupyourpenandwrite Yes it’s today! (March 2nd) wow, I just saw you posted at 2:44 am my time 0.0
I’ve actually already read the chapter. I’m not sure what time zones everyone is in, but has anyone read it yet?
-
Gracie's profile was updated 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks! I tagged @aislinn-mollisong a few posts down.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, sorry I missed you! See you!
I haven’t. Not since Sam’s Ninja Gypsy poem.
Umm…… I wrote a time travel story when I was little X’D
Buh bye!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Ahhhh, that explains the name! Interesting! I wonder why they didn’t just hire a French actor…
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I have no idea how long I’ll be up… When I’m finished writing, I guess.
Can you ask your brother what he thinks about that Chain of Command episode, too? (Part 2, specifically?)
What time is your story set in?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Editing the KPA a bit. I think it really needs some tweaking. But at least the plot is in place! FOR ONCE!
How about you?
- Load More

THANKS!!!! *adds confetti to everything*