Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art

Viewing 5 posts - 901 through 905 (of 905 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@ariella-newheart  Isn’t it?

Goodbye! *Vulcan salutes* #LLAP

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel @ariella-newheart *realizes I missed a WHOLE DISCUSSION of Star Trek* *cries*

Anyway, to clear things up, you’re both right. 😀 Captain Jean-Luc Picard was written to be French, but the guy who plays him is Patrick Stewart, a British actor.  So, he usually speaks with a British accent, though he speaks a few sentences of French several times on the show.  I’ve heard Stewart and other cast members joke about the fact that he’s British instead of French, and he even did a fake French accent of the intro: “Theese aire ze voyaghes of ze Stharsheep Enterpreesa” or something like that, as a joke at one of the ST conventions. 😀 😀

(Sorry for all the trivia.  I learned it because my brother is a real Trekker, and goes to conventions and everything…)

Ariella, you watch Voyager?!!!  Finally someone who has watched it!  It’s my favorite series!  Who’s your favorite character from VOY?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  Ahhhh, that explains the name! Interesting! I wonder why they didn’t just hire a French actor…

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ariella Newheart
          @ariella-newheart
            • Total Posts: 141

@rochellaine Yes, I sometimes watch Voyager. Some episodes are…eh…interesting…but the majority of them are good. I like Seven of Nine. Probably because she reminds me of T’Pol? Or maybe T’Pol reminds me of Seven. xD Neelix and Tuvok are also cool characters. Which ones do you like?

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@ariella-newheart I’ve only seen T’Pol a couple of times, so I haven’t noticed a connection between her and Seven. 🙂  Seven does have an interesting character, though.  I like her struggles to understand her identity.  In that she’s kind of like Data from TNG.

My favorite characters?  Um, I like Captain Janeway’s voice a lot, for some reason.  I didn’t think I would like a female captain, but I ended up liking her.  I also really like Tom Paris, the pilot.  (…Noooo, it’s not just because he’s cute… *tries to be convincing* 😀 )  I can’t stand B’Elanna, though.

My absolute favorite character from VOY would have to be Harry Kim.  He’s so good-natured  and friendly, a great friend to Tom, and can lead the ship himself when the Captain goes away, even though he’s just an ensign.  I’ve met him in real life, too, so I think that helped with picking him as my favorite character. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 5 posts - 901 through 905 (of 905 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >