-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy No, I’ve not read The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I’ve not read Les Miserables either, though my sister has… Right now I want to get my hands on The Count of Monte Cristo and read that sometime this fall/winter.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys, has anyone on here read The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Victor Hugo? I haven’t, but I’m loving Les Miserables to BITS and I’ve been wanting to read it. I thought I’d get others’ opinions before I do, though, because unfortunately I’ve learned that classical authors can write inspiring masterpieces AND complete junk. :/
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h I’d love you to do it with me.
Hey that’s awesome. I really want to hunger for His word. I love reading too, so this will be a good chance for me to deny myself and follow Christ.
Well, for me, I’m going to start tomorrow, but I think I’m going to extend my time and and go to the end of September. Will you do that too? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h I’d love you to do it with me.
Hey that’s awesome. I really want to hunger for His word. I love reading too, so this will be a good chance for me to deny myself and follow Christ.
Well, for me, I’m going to start tomorrow, but I think I’m going to extend it and go to the end of September. Will you do that too? -
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
– 1 Chronicles 7:14 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec; @sarah-h; @kate-flournoy; @daeus; @overcomer; @dragon-snapper; @anna-brie; @rolena-hatfield; @emma-flournoy; @winter-rose; @jess @spradlin @all-of-my-friends and @everyone-else.
I am going to try something rather hard for me, but I feel like it will be good.
I am not going to read any books except the Bible or Biblical books for the…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella I will fight alongside the rest of you! *straps on sword* *checks on daggers and bow* I’ve never done NaNoWriMo, though I have done some of the camps. But I do want to this year. I’m going to be writing a novella and a prequel to the novella, so I’m thinking around 45,000 words. I’m planning on planning and outlining the story in September…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus flipping through old topics and I just thought I’d drop you a line and let you know your argument makes more sense than mine looking back. I agree. 🙂 Duty is ours, consequence is God’s, and better to follow what the Bible commands than what it possibly does not condemn. ‘Preciate you being patient and gracious through the intricacies of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Aella I would love to do (or at least try) NaNo someday, ‘but today is not that day!’ (Since we’re going with battle speeches here. *wink*) Mainly, life is too busy for that at this point. I wish you all luck though. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose I love it, Gabrielle! So funny. I love the ending: “I want to eat it.” 😉 Great job!
-
Greta replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose I love it, Gabrielle! So funny. I love the ending: “I want to eat it.” 😉 <3
-
Greta replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose I love it, Gabrielle! So funny. I love the ending: “I want to eat it.”
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument That is so neat! I’ll have to watch for that the next time I watch the movie. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument I’ll try to do this as much as I can because it’s fascinating and I love this kind of stuff, but I have to tell you I probably won’t be able to do it all at all times because we’re just getting back into school, AND getting ready for a family vacation out west. I’ll chime in whenever I can, but that mightn’t be frequently.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Sorry @Daeus your tag notification didn’t come through. :/ But, I got 1,025 written so I’m very happy.
And thank you. Always appreciated. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus me. See ya.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Great topic @His-Instrument! I haven’t read John in a while, but I do remember he did a great job of sticking to his ‘theme’— Jesus as the Son of God. All the ‘proof’, if you will, of Christ being the Messiah. John chose the stories (plot threads 😀 ) that illustrated and played into his chosen theme, though he acknowledged that there was so…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, has anyone ever had a little sibling say something completely obvious yet hilariously funny at the same time? Last night we were reading about Jacob and Esau, and tonight Mom asked the little ones if they remembered what the brothers had been fighting over. Without missing a blink, and totally serious, five-year-old Samantha replied ‘Soup’.
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
I’ll be gone for 4 days. So unfortunately I won’t be able to write and join in the conversations. I’ll miss you, but I’ll be back.
@clairec; @anna-brie; @daeus; @kate-flournoy; @winter-rose; @jess; @anyone -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Variation for Capture the Flag ideas? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
Or maybe fight with real weapons…like in Percy Jackson? They have some pretty intense games of capture the flag there. @Jada-morrison’s idea is good too. Perhaps they have to capture a person. Or perhaps one team member on the opposite is a spy and no one on either side know who it is so everyone is sending out spies and making alliances. And…[Read more]
- Load More
