-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@Hope I’m with @Daeus… I like the longer one better because it connects me to E better, but the second one is much more concise. *shrugs* I honestly can’t choose between them. And I think you could probably do away with the bolded words altogether— the blurb is most effective as a peep into the MC’s life, as the MC’s life (very rightfully) is…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ha! That’s a clever prescription. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it. *Smacks head*
@daeus It’s all because I’m a doctor. *smug smile* And btw, you’ll give yourself a headache if you smack your head. I know, I’ve done it before.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Argh, Suicide attempts!!!!!!!!! Good grief. @daeus Relax, relax, relax. I was having a nice holiday from my doctor duties. 🙂 *writes prescription* No using knives; no drinking poison; no dying attempts.
@kate-flournoy My suggestion is not to say things like that. *wags finger at you.*
@christi-eaton Thank you for coming to @daeus‘s rescue. Good…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Argh, Suicide attempts!!!!!!!!! Good grief. @daeus Relax, relax, relax. I was having a nice holiday from my doctor duties. 🙂 *writes prescription* Not using knives; no drinking poison; no dying attempts.
@kate-flournoy My suggestion is not to say things like that. *wags finger at you.*
@christi-eaton Thank you for coming to @daeus‘s rescue. Good…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade It wasn’t the normal Peter Pan story. The guy in charge wrote the script himself, as that means we don’t have to get the rights, and it’s cheaper that way. So no, I didn’t get to fly. 🙁 I did get to leap on stage, but that was the closest I can to leaving the ground.
Although, *giggles* Funny story. As part of the story, Tink…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade It wasn’t the normal Peter Pan story. The guy in charge wrote the script himself, as that means we don’t have to get the rights, and it’s cheaper that way. So no, I didn’t get to fly. 🙁 I did get to leap on stage, but that was the closest I can to leaving the ground.
Although, *giggles* Funny story. As part of the story Tink save…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Thanks guys. You are all so supportive.
Yay, @clairec and @anna-brie. It’s so much nicer to do it with people. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade Does that pirate name have anything to do with your profile picture and Tinkerbell? I acted in a Peter Pan Pantomime a few years back and got the role of Peter which was very exciting.
I love the Kingdom Series, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Ranger’s Apprentice. (with fixing)
And I LOVE Narnia. 🙂 Peter is my favourite…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-swiftblade Does that pirate name have anything to do with your profile picture and Tinkerbell? I acted in a Peter Pan Pantomime a few years back and got the role of Peter which was very exciting.
I love the Kingdom Series, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Ranger’s Apprentice. (with fixing)
And I LOVE Narnia. 🙂 Peter is my favourite…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Eh… dear dear @Daeus. Couldn’t you at least have used poison? It’s so much more Monte Cristo-ish. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*clears throat primly* Excuse me sir, was that a death threat?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*shakes head in disbelief* It’s OKAY, @DAEUS!!! I didn’t say I didn’t love TCoMC! I do! And it’s extremely close, anyway. The one thing that tipped the scales in Les Mis’s favor was completely random and nobody’s fault— I personally happen to like character stories more than I like gripping action. That’s all. 😀
Where do you FIND those…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Christi-Eaton well, Madame Thenardier should be easy anyway. All you have to do is throw things. 😀
Thanks anyway @Aratrea— and definitely read Les Mis. Don’t tell @Daeus, but I like it better than The Count of Monte Cristo and that’s saying a lot. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I’ve no idea…next year, hopefully? Though I’ll be getting beta readers sometime this fall. Hopefully. 😉
@daeus I see what you mean. Thanks. (And yes, you want to read it! That is good, precious, yes it is. Wes very happy abouts that.)
@ingridrd And…yes. Always a typo somewhere. Thanks for catching it. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I’ve no idea…next year, hopefully? Though I’ll be getting beta readers sometime this fall. Hopefully. 😉
@daeus I see what you mean. Thanks. (And yes, you want to read it! That is good, precious, yes it is. Wes very happy abouts that.)
@Ingrid And…yes. Always a typo somewhere. Thanks for catching it. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I can’t stand bad writing either. There is only one or two authors who I will read despite somewhat choppy writing because I love their stuff so much. @theliterarycrusader
The War of the Realms might have slightly better writing than the Kingdom and Knight series. I own both those series and I love the stories, but the writing itself? I don’t…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I can’t stand bad writing either. There is only one or two authors who I will read despite somewhat choppy writing because I love their stuff so much. @theliterarycrusader
The War of the Realms might have slightly better writing than the Kingdom and Knight series. I own both those series and I love the stories, but the writing itself? I don’t…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus That’s why one has to watch the movie before reading the book. Because they can enjoy it before realizing how much is left out. 😉 I really liked the movie though, from the bits of the book I do know, some things were made more exciting (action wise). And the ending was happier than the book too, I think. Also, one of my characters from…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-bria This is my longer blurb, for Amazon at least. It does look a bit too long for the back of a book, but for the Amazon description one wants to go longer rather than shorter. Or so I’ve heard.
@sarah-hoven I agree with you both about taking off the bolded…here’s a shorter blurb that I could put on the back of a book. I’ve used the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper I would love to keep going, but I have some other projects I need to work on so I don’t think I can. 🙁 Nice writing with you even for a short time, though. 😀
- Load More
