-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
@clairec @kate-flournoy @anna-brie @sarah-h @spradlin
Please excuse and spelling errors in the thing I just sent you guys. I posted it before I proof-read it. *silly me* -
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@hope I’m sneaky I know. *pauses for moment to wonder whether I should be proud or not.* *cue evil chuckles* 🙂 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
@hope I’m sneaky. *cue evil chuckles* 🙂 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’m sorry. I’m not even going to pretend I understand you. Loony bin? Funny farm? What?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
I didn’t know you could do that, @bluejay …I’ll have to keep that in mind. 😉
@julia-r If your photo is already online somewhere, like Pinterest, you can skip several steps and just click your picture then select and copy the link. Come back and push the little ‘img’ button and go from there like bluejay said.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Art Sharing and How to Do It in the forum Art 10 years ago
I didn’t know you could do that, @bluejay…I’ll have to keep that in mind. 😉
@julia-r If your photo is already online somewhere, like Pinterest, you can skip several steps and just click your picture then select and copy the link. Come back and push the little ‘img’ button and go from there like bluejay said.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Overcomer Well, I finished and published Song of the Sword this summer, which was exciting. I also wrote up my third novella for Legends of Light…and now I’m scraping it and rewriting it this fall for reasons. And I’m almost finished editing my fantasy novel, Fidelyon!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Well since you returned the chocolate I will sympathetic. Poor @corissa-maiden-of-praise. *rubs a cool cloth on your forehead*
*freaks out at @kate-flournoy‘s words* -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Welcome @zcpeterson! What sort of things do you like to write? I enjoy fantasy and futuristic fiction…along with some retold fairy tales. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer I think I said something crazy like writing 10 short stories. Hmm…in a sense I was probably close as I wrote at least three longer stories plus lots of writing prompt stories. I also got lots of poems written.
So I’m very happy with what I got done. 🙂
(And I salute all of you who are about to head into winter. I shall think of you…[Read more] -
Hope Ann posted an update 10 years ago
@bluejay Ummm…how would a shell breaking on a wooden floor sound? Like an egg shell or a sea shell? I’d think maybe a high tinkling or cracking sound…
-
Can you give it a comparison @hope?
-
Rather than just a high tinkling or cracking sound, but like the sound of glass or a branch?
-
*winces* *rubs forehead* Let’s see…
I’m assuming it’s not an egg, or else it would just give a mushy splat. (Though I may be wrong…tell me if I am.) The problem is I’ve never actually heard a shell breaking, but if I were to take a guess I might compare a shell breaking to brittle crunch, the shattering of thin glass, or the cracking of a stone…
-
@hope No, you’re not wrong. It is a sea shell. I feel as if I need to find one and experiment with it. 😉
-
It would have to be a pretty thin sea shell to break when dropped on a wood floor. I have small ones and they’re pretty tough, though if it were stepped on… But a large one wouldn’t be stepped on, and if it’s large then it’s probably thick so if it broke, it might just break in half…?
-
-
-
-
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
*best creepy Cheshire cat grin* Oh, you can’t help that. We’re all mad here.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Overcomer *hem* @Dragon-Snapper is a she. 😛
My summer… eh… it went okay. I never did get around to the Snow White novella, and I’m still editing my WIP… but I’m actually pretty happy with what I’ve accomplished, especially considering summer is the busiest time of year for our family. I’m confident that my WIP is actually going to be…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy That’s fantabulous that you made up a new word. *giggles*
@corissa-maiden-of-praise If you end up with a tummy ache don’t turn to me.
You see @zcpeterson We are all nuts here. *and naughty, glares at Corissa* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Workshopping/Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
On second thought, @ZCPeterson, the last line would probably be better as
The realms He holds safe in the palms of His hands. 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@ZCPeterson welcome! Another poet! We can always use more poets around here. The world can never have enough of poetry. 😉
And don’t worry; most of the forumers were stalkers long before they ever actually got involved. *winks* I think that’s because most writers are introverts. *grins*
So glad to be able to welcome you to the… uh… um… the…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anna-brie I’m leaving now. How’d you go?
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years ago
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
Need a bit of help here. Now I don’t want to say too much because of spoilers, but HELP!
*ahem, ahem. What noise comes to your mind when you think of a shell (reasonably big) breaking and falling onto a wooden floor?
But you have to make sure that your audience doesn’t know what has happened?
@kate-flournoy @faithdk @emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @d…[Read more]-
Like shattering glass, perhaps with a duller ring to it as the wood would absorb a lot of the sound and the shell is hollow, besides.
@Bluejay-
Hmmmm… I’d have to agree with Kate. It doesn’t quite have the tinkling resonance you’d expect from glass (because I have dropped many a glass in my days). Almost like what I’d imagine a pot shattering would sound like, if you want to use a comparison.
-
You’re not the only one to drop glasses. *I managed to drop a jar of Vegemite once. It was rather a mess*
Yes, I’m wanting a comparison. Originally I had, “the sound of a thousand stones falling to the ground.” But I don’t think it would shatter like that or make that sound.
-
-
-
Well, it also depends on the type of wood floor it is. Is it actual, solid wood? (unfortunately this seems to be becoming rarer, at least in my area) Or is it laminate wood floor? The sound would be different if it is.
-
Oh yes, and just to clarify, it breaks after it hits the wood floor, right? The way you worded it kind of suggested it breaks before hitting… *grins mischievously*
-
-
*grins back* Shhh…it breaks before it hits the ground. It is the good old solid wooden floor. @corissa-maiden-of-praise.
-
@BlueJay Well, that changes things. *ponders* Perhaps… well, how does it break then? We must take that into account if we are to accurately describe the sound. 😉
-
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re prying! You just want to know what happens don’t you??? 😉 *suspicious stare* It gets whacked on someone’s head. *A hard head* 🙂 *sniggers*
-
Goodness, this sounds terribly exciting. I can’t wait to read it! 🙂
-
-
-
-
-
@bluejay, Ahhh! This is a really hard question. I honestly can’t think of anything except what everyone else has already said, so, um, yeah! 🙂
-
Thanks @winter-rose That was what I was thinking too, but I wasn’t sure that a clay jar fitted as an example, so I reworded it and I ‘think’ I’ve got it.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Glad you think so. One day…-
@BlueJay Whenever anything is cracked over someone’s head, you can generally count on the story being exciting. 😀
-
-
@bluejay, sounds like you’ve got it already, but I agree with the others—like pottery, just a little clearer and harder.
-
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’ll be praying.
(also, to tag people, click their profile and you can copy the username right below their profile picture. Sometimes it is the public name you see and sometimes it isn’t, but that’s why some of your tags don’t work…)
- Load More

Can you believe it, I managed to put one in that post. It should be “any” not “and”. 🙁
@bluejay I’ll be praying for her. 🙂 (Sorry about the out-of place comment)
@sarah-h No worries about the placement of the comment. 🙂 Thank you so much.