-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus yes, that’s better. Great point. Did I mention I love Kylo Ren? 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I write in both first and third person. I love them both. Some stories fit first person and some third person. Then there is Scarlet Rose where I flip between first person, present tense, and third person past tense. It works really well. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H no, I hadn’t. That’s so cool. *goes and scribbles down ‘glow-in-the-dark dragons’ in her notebook* This could be really fun. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I like the last four choices— without the ‘the’.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes to the villain things, @Hope @Daeus. Also the Kylo Ren example is a little more drastic than we usually deal with— after all, we’re usually dealing with humans, not jedi, and humans can have compassion without completely ruining their reputation as a bad guy because compassion is just compassion, not ‘the light side’. But good example just…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Sorry, flat out of dark chocolate. Almost out of Pringels now too, which is my salty snack of choice.
I am up to 20,000 words though and I’m hoping to write an extra 1000 or so today so I will have more freedom later on in the month around Thanksgiving…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I so want to read a book like that. And, if no one writes it, I may have to undertake the task myself. Someday. 😉
As for my bad guys, I like to make them quite bad and yet human at the same time. I want the readers to be able to see why they made the choices they did, and how the choices got them to where they are now.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien human, definitely. They’re so much more interesting.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien The title is Sacrifice. (At the moment) I think it will stick, but I don’t tend to decide on my titles until at the end.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer Oh, okay. I’m taking a break no for lunch as I have been writing since I tagged you above (with a twenty minute break for a singing lesson). I’ll see what I’m doing after lunch and if I can join you, I’ll tag you.
Btw I got 1613 in that time. 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus yes, I can see how that would be awful. 😛 I guess it would be truer to say it motivates me to pay better attention and not just drift off into aimless dreaming, because then I might miss something.
And that is hilarious. You probably are a road hazard, but if you are we can be road hazards together because I do the same thing. Once I…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thanks. Hmm…I’ll have to start this notebook carrying. It seems like a good idea.
No you’re not the only one, Kate. I don’t do it all the time, but when my sister got married we had white ribbons on the car and everyone waved at us or gave us a thumbs up. It was lots of fun.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Bluejay wha—??? BUT THEY’RE MY IDEAS!!! *selfishly hoards them all*
Okay, okay… I’ll keep you in mind, Tessa. 😉 Carry a notebook with you though. Seriously. I’ve passed someone on the street before, been struck by the look in their eyes, and within five minutes had a complete character profile sketched out in my head.
Also please tell me…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy If you ever want to share some of those wonderful ideas, feel free. *smiles* 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus ME TOO!! I didn’t think anybody else did that. 😛 Listening to a sermon has become practically hazardous for me now. I’ll get home and furiously race to scribble references and notes and possible foils and different thematic scenarios in my notebook.
And that has at least two other positives, completely aside from writing— it makes me…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer I can join you.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-H I don’t remember… it was a very old, vague account and I read it a long time ago. I think they were somewhere around the size of a turkey, and I don’t think they could fly, though they were said to be very colorful. Fun thinking about, isn’t it? 😀 Greedy, colorful, turkey-sized dinosaurs… XD
I know!
…And it’s really funny, if…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@Writefury yeah. What she said. 😛 We pretty much speak for each other on most things.
Except I’m not sad about the first person POV. *glares at Emma, arches eyebrow* Don’t be picky, sister. Don’t be picky. First person POV can be lovely.And that Studio C is hilarious; I can definitely see how that contributed.
All I can say about Blank…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@Writefury yeah. What she said. 😛 We pretty much speak for each other on most things.
And that Studio C is hilarious; I can definitely see how that contributed.
All I can say about Blank Mastermind is, I’ve been so busy lately I’ve had to shut the tabs to most of my favorite blogs, but yours stayed open and I refresh it like fifty times every…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm 😀 actual reptiles— I just called them magpies because of their hoarding habit.
- Load More
