@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d And I’m thrilled you’re thrilled I know who those authors are! 🙂 Do you like Jeanne d’Albret because of reading the Chosen Daughters series? My favorite in that series was Margaret Wilson in Against The Tide.
Have you read any books by Lois Walfrid Johnson, Robert Elmer, or R. M. Ballantyne?
@notawriter and @daeus Thanks! My bra…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Aha, I see 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine You like Les Mis? AWESOME! I like it, too! Although I’m only halfway through the book so far. I’m really enjoying it 😉
@emma-flournoy, I found another Les Mis fan for you! ;-P
-
Snapper replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight *looks in awe of raspberry sunshine*
@inklingforchrist Good question. I honestly don’t know. Every time I start a novel, it’s a big fear of mine that it’s not going to be very long at all. But even if your novels are short, it’s okay. My only suggestion for making books longer is adding in more conflict between characters and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yep. I’m still lovin’ that GIF. XD
@ethryndal Perfect GIF. 😛 I’m surprised though, you didn’t use Galadriel. 😛 😉
@jenwriter17 The chair melting thing is basically what I do when I’m not happy with something. It’s my forum ‘signature’. 😉
@emma-flournoy Thankee.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight For me, simple observing has been the best. I’ve actually been observing for a year and half now. O.O Woah… that long, self? Weird.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Cool! What kinds of things do you like to sew?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Oh my goodness yes riding horses is pure awesomeness, bliss, and all those other happy words!!! Do you a favorite breed? I really like Quarter horses and especially Thoroughbreds. do you ride western or english?
I haven’t seen a Cavalia show, but I want to sooooo bad! I think they came to my city once, but i missed it….😂
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey @bella-d !
Welcome to KP! What do you like to do when you aren’t writing?
And @rochellaine I think that genre is called contemporary or contemporary fiction??
(if someone knows and i’m wrong pls let me know!) -
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight So, I had that exact same question just a week ago.
And I started a blog. I had no idea what I was going to write about, but as soon as I started it, I started finding ideas.
To get a general idea of what bloggers blog about, I’d check out a bunch of blogs. There are some good ones on the page of my blog.
For me, I get the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Chuck Black’s books are great! Have you ever played his board game? One of my brothers got it for Christmas.
If you really would like my ideas or advice, do you want my email address?
If you are just being nice but would rather have your ideas yourself, that’s okay too, and I’ll just work on the many stories of my ow…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d @dekreel I love those authors too!
H. Rider Haggard is an AMAZING Historical Fiction author.
Elizabeth Elliot – you should have heard of her husband Jim Elliot and Nate Saint, who were martyred by the Aucas, now called the Waorani. She later went back and taught her husband’s murderers about Christ.
Douglas Bond – Another His-Fic…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Have you seen how we “tag” people by putting an “@” symbol before their name? That sends an alert to our emails, so we can reply more easily. 🙂
@mnvalentine I actually don’t write fantasy. 🙂 That’s why I have trouble naming my genre. I do a little bit of Historical Fiction, and I did some time travel, which is Science Fiction, but…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Thanks, that makes sense.
I’d love to be a beta reader or just talk it over with you while the story progresses! I have one request though…
Would it be possible for you to write it without using the words “magic”, “sorcery”, or anything of that nature for anyone on the good side? “Power” would be an easy s…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I love everything by Sir H. Rider Haggard, Elisabeth Elliot, Douglas Bond, and John J. Horn.
I’ve never heard of those books. What kind of stuff do they write?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh @mnvalentine, definitely a rite of passage! I haven’t said it yet either, but you beat me to it. 🙂
@bella-d My absolute favorite genre is Historical Fiction! I have had a bit of trouble writing in that genre, though. I write mostly modern fiction (is there a name for that genre?).
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, and @skredder The themed wedding is a cool idea, but I think themes weren’t as popular back then as they are now, and it would only be 5-7 years after the era in the picture, so it would be more likely to seem out of style than themed, if they did such a thing. 🙂
@itisastarrynight Yessss, you’re right. Not many people would notice. But I w…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!! I’m so glad you’re here! 😉
And now for my trademark question: What are your favorite books and TV shows?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Thanks for the ideas. I just researched a bit of what you were suggesting, and found that in the 1930s, the Hollywood industry was secretly very pro-Nazism, but by 1941 they had completely flipped and supported the American end of the war very much.
In the 1950s there was the “Hollywood Blacklist” a figurative list which an actor,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I use Pexels.
- Load More
