@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Okay, that makes sense, but would the scene have to be before the airport scene, or could it be later in the book as Chara remembers it happening?
There should be a pretty stressful scene in a few pages and I’m planning to have her unable to take care of it until someone helps her. This should show her at the bottom of her self-reliance…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths Hooray! My brother quotes that movie a lot. 🙂
@dekreel I didn’t notice the second quote the first time. The word “dynamic” makes me think of the dynamic duo (Batman and Robin) but it is highly unlikely you would use a quote from the 1960s here, so I’m sure that has nothing to do with it. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Whoops! Double post. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mariposa I like the “Rome was not built in a day” quote. It helps remind us that though writing isn’t always easy, by keeping at it we may come up with something grand. 🙂
@daughteroftheking Cool description!
Here’s a quote by one of my favorite authors – Carolyn Wells.
“A critic is a necessary evil, and criticism is an evil…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mariposa I like the “Rome was not built in a day” quote. It helps remind us that though writing isn’t always easy, by keeping at it we can come up with something grand. 🙂
@daughteroftheking Cool description!
Here’s a quote by one of my favorite authors – Carolyn Wells.
“A critic is a necessary evil, and criticism is an evil…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
My post keeps getting deleted. I hope it stays here this time 🙂 Sorry if it keeps sending you emails with the same post, but it just won’t show up on the forum.
@seekjustice For some reason I decided to write this today. It was originally supposed to be semi-funny like the quote I showed you last night, but it ended up – well, like it is. :)…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Sorry, I’m gonna have to stop outlining with ya. see you later!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Just read the post about your sequel. *squeals and flails* I can’t wait. *whispers behind hand and nudges you with elbow* lemme know if you need a beta reader…….
Ah, those snippets! You’re trying to torture me…..
I’ve read Tale of Two Cities, but I never read the les mis story that you did Stars Fill Infinity off of, so…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice *runs to check out your blog* Thanks for letting me know! I’m so excited for you to write this! I miss Chessy, Justice, and Quillon.
Don’t know if you’re still outlining, but if you still are, I’ll join you for a bit. 😊
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea Sent it! thanks so much!
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Looks like the tag didn’t work? Lemme try again. @seekjustice
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Tadaaa! Presenting Theresa Caelan! @seekjustice

This was the sketch, but then I decided to color it as well:

I didn’t think to ask about a background. I just did some generic indication of vegetation behind her haha. Oh well. *disappears in a puff of graphite dust*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you so much! Looking it up right now…
Okay, bye! Have fun! (But sometimes it’s fun to be antisocial! 🙂 If you get to write instead.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice The only things I have done with guy characters before was I gave one of them an anger problem which I didn’t fully develop because he was taking care of his sister for most of the book and didn’t have time to be angry himself, and the other guy was just thoughtless about the feelings of others for a little while when he was enjoying himself.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Well, there are worse things to be known for. 😀
How do you make a guy character? I’m having trouble with Derek because I know people will get annoyed if he’s perfect, and he actually isn’t because I’m planning for him to have a big argument with someone sometime in the book – though the argument isn’t entirely his fault – but to m…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice You have chosen wisely.
But you do such a good job killing your characters that if you did end up doing so, I would probably be cry for a really long time (which I did while reading Stars Fill Infinity) and then give up and say, “Yeah, it’s probably better that way.”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice *screams* Don’t you dare! If you even lay a finger on him I will physically unphysicalize myself and enter your imagination zone to wrest him from your clutches!
And you had better take my warning seriously. As Colonel Nobody would say, “I never threaten, I warn. If my warning is unheeded, I act.” *glowers*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice By the way, I adore Quillon, and am very happy he’s still around.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, my brain is still frozen, so I just randomly decided to do a character chart for my main male character. I haven’t really met him yet, so I think I need to get to know him a little better. 🙂 Hopefully it goes well, as it will be only the second character chart I have ever attempted!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice I have a scene I want to do, but I have to start out the scene – you know, explain what’s going on, and stuff like that. I just can’t figure out how to start it out, even though the next parts will be easy and fun.
I think I’m going to just write the scene starting in the middle, and then go back and connect it later.
When I first…[Read more]
- Load More
