@hybridlore
Active 6 days, 9 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
That makes sense.
I honestly kinda exist in a grey area in a way. For Guardian Angels, Nahim is already the Wondian equivalent of a Christian, but after the tragedies that struck his family and home, he’s turned his back. I don’t believe you can loose your salvation. I’m not an extreme Calvinist, but I do have calvinistic b…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
XD painfully relatable is what I was going for! Yep, he needs his bestie.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae @whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed @anyone else in the discussion
Mind if I add my two cents about God in stories?
Writing God into a story is really really hard, and it’s not something I would want to mess up. It can go well, or it can go badly. A lot of you here are familiar with the wingfeather saga, which was written by a Christian, but I…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
So, as I said, I’m just debating the opposite side from you, so I most likely do not believe what I’m saying. In fact, I’m personally more inclined to agree with your side.
Oh, also, I’m gonna ask someone to stop us if we get too heated. I have a tendency to do this when I really get the ball rolling. @ellette-giselle If Whaley…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed
I love this😭😭 so well put and so true.
That’s part of the reason why I write such deeper, even darker stories too. I think it’s something that needs to be addressed more. Cheers to you, girlie💖
Awww thank you guys 😭😭💗
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Of course! By the way, I didn’t mean to sound like I disagree with anything you said. When I said you touched nerves, I meant those thoughts felt very applicable to second-hand pain I have… kind have gone through? Through empathy? Your experience is ten times more direct than mine 😅 I’m thankful to hear your perspective.
*gasps with…[Read more]
-
freedom posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
Editing has to be the most grueling part of the writing process 💀🫠
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes and No. I haven’t been able to find my style yet, but that drawing is part of the process of finding it. I’ve been doing different styles lately, both honing my observations to paper skills and looking at many styles. I think mine will end up being similar to that one in the end though, since I’ve started to really enjoy t…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
lol.
He reminds me of someone in that pose, but I can’t think of who…
@loopylin Thanks
Glad you like it <3
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Exactly! 🤪 Thx for responding to my little ramble 😚
You’re so welcome 💖🥰💖
Oof, characters can get annoying. I still have some from when I was a Teeny-Weeny Whaley, which is a pretty good record of remembering concepts, but nothing can stay on your mind consistently without stretching its stay at times.
I love them, but they can drive…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
and just life updates too if y’all want!!
(I may be late responding, but I promise I’ll respond at some point😅)
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
and AHEM @whalekeeper
How are Marcel and Seb and all of the babies?? 🥺 I have to know
I honestly need a writing/world/character update from all of y’all XD I’ve been so absent, and I need the updates. 😂 idk who to tag, but y’all know who you are👀
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
And thinking about how I used to say/think every story had to explicitly state God…I’m so glad that has changed, because it has made the Christian writing world even more beautiful than it already was.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@loopylin
Yeah, just the topic is awkward because I feel like I could do better 😖 A guy once pointed out that I act distant around him, and I had to explain that eye contact is not natural for everyone on the planet. (I was also distant because he liked me, but that’s neither here nor there.)
I don’t beat myself up about it, but I still try to do…[Read more] -
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes, so true! What we go through can make or break us. It really depends on how we deal with the hard things happening around us and to us, and how much we rely on God vs ourselves.
and I love what you said in response to @rae
I think there’s a place for stories that present the Gospel, but also stories that may not necessarily…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@everyone @i’m-feeling-to-blah-to-actually-tag-anyone
*caveman voice* I wrote. I post.
Here is an Evelyn pov/rp… Hopefully you guys haven’t already made a kitchen part of the castle…. if so, i can change this up or something…. cuz that’s kinda where she lands… though I don’t think I described good.
Alright, must go hide.
EVELYN
Her eyes…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theducktator @esther-c @whalekeeper @keilah-h @theshadow @grcr
(I’m going to have Leon/Riker vaguely remember being here before, but it’s up to you as far as Crosshair goes, Keilah 😉)
Leon
Light crested down, in a direct line into his gaze. Leon groaned and rubbed at his eyes. Where was he? Cold stone walls…cold stone floors with mere…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I love this😭😭 so well put and so true.
Me too!! Someone in our church was diagnosed with cancer a while back, and that was a hard week for everyone. You could feel the underlying exhaustion, but I think I was greeted ten times more by different members. People were just thankful for the support they still had. That hardship,…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I would love to hear anyone’s thoughts, not just Rae’s. I’m still trying to put my opinions together so they may change.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Actually, that’s explained better than i could have XD.
Lol, maybe I should be a thought interpreter when I grow up. If that’s a thing.
I can see both sides of the issue, but I feel neutral for lack of data. If anyone be willing, I’d be glad to slip into a character cloak and debate either side.
Sure, I would love to talk about it! This top…[Read more]
- Load More

Most recent edited snippet:
Leon set the plate and utensil aside on a counter.
How was he supposed to say what he had to say without sounding ungrateful? How was he supposed to explain the burning anger that still pulsed through his veins in a way they would understand?
Riker stood. “…This doesn’t have to change anything. I helped Leon this…[Read more]