@hybridlore
Active 6 days, 7 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ruth replied to the topic HELP WANTED! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
-
Ruth started the topic HELP WANTED! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I haven’t been really motivated to write recently, especially with my WIP, Guardian Angels, so, I was wondering if any of you would like to read my first eight chapters. I’d like thoughts of any kind. Thanks guys.
Here’s the Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TmvQ_8qO56smkhtSnLTN5lsJ09YLMJ-rdq0E1P6EzcY/edit
I do have more…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
But as long as they’re not like, staring at the floor or clearly not even looking at me, then I’m not offended or anything.
You wouldn’t like talking to me then lol
Ok, jk I’m (probably) not that bad.
Yeah, it makes sense, and yes, I get why people value it. I think I’m just frustrated from working a customer service job…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h
Okay y’all! Here I go.
Min
So one thing would be Friedrich is not left-handed, but I never specified that so that’s on me. His hair isn’t quite a wavy as I pictured, but otherwise he’s pretty spot on. I like the boots, though not quite the style I was thinking of either. Your shadin…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle oh that’s funny lol
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
My dad is a “mechanic by necessity” as he likes to say.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle lol I can see why
my dad was never the handy type. My grandpa is though, and whenever he comes to watch the house while we’re away on a trip, he often does little fixes around the house.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Ikr! My dad loves that one. So do my brothers.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Alright then!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
That’s because I forgot about that one.
HAHA! that makes sense. I was trying to figure out what you changed. lol.
Just for fun, if either of you has soundtrack suggestions for my book, let me know.
ooo, will do!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint ok! I don’t have a lot of fantasy soundtrack suggestions, most of my go-tos sound more modern, but if I come to a point in the story that I think a song I listened to fits with, I’ll post it!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle LOL the tool meme
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theducktator @freed_and_redeemed @whalekeeper @esther-c @theshadow @grcr
Crosshair
His eyes slowly opened to see stone walls.
Not an Imperial facility. Not his home, either.
But something tugged at his memory, like he’d been here before.
He sat up. “Feather?” he called, his scratchy voice echoing down the hallways. His wife didn’t respond.…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@freed_and_redeemed @mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper Gonna have to go with your point of view here….
Think of Lord of the Rings or The Green Ember. These stories don’t have explicitly Christian themes or even mention the existence of God much, although it’s kinda implied. But they were written by authors who wished to show a deep truth–the…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Sorry, the pencil has not inspired me. Just run with the status quo.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle ikr? I was kinda surprised when that was the song that came up when I clicked the link but I’m not complaining haha
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Ooo, I like the Charles song!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
WAY BETTER!
Ok, the magic thing is a little fuzzy still. I read it over several times and I think I have a good idea to where you could fix the whole thing very simply but make it so the reader understands using magic to stop from shattering wasn’t right.
“As time went by, we grew to love the power we had and started to allow o…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Banjos don’t sound exactly like that but I honestly wouldn’t mind hearing a banjo cover of that song. Let me see if I can find one.
ok I was just listening to one and it’s low quality but sounds HEAVENLY.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint OOH I LOVE THAT SONG.
It’s got Spanish roots and I love that because that’s where my family came from (well, my parents are Puerto Rican and I was born in America, but still)
when we actually went to Spain earlier this year there were a couple guys playing that genre of song in an alleyway and it was so cool.
- Load More
