@hybridlore
Active 6 days, 1 hour ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Nah, just call him Alan. That’s his name after all. I mean, people don’t refer to you as “The Canadian” or “The guy with the wired way of measuring fences” or, “The guy with a part time job” lol.
They call you Justin, or Linus. those are your names/nicknames/online-names. but they are still your names.
Just call him Alan.
I…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Mini Adventure Ideas? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 1 month ago
A horse stable? MA be a war reenactment at a museum? A fair?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
OK, I’m back. new section, and would really love feedback on this because It’s still in a stage where I would be wil;ling to change or tweak things.
It was a long week of prayer before Aaron spoke to Sabina about the idea of marriage. Sabina was very surprised, but Aaron had never seen her so joyfully since her…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Here’s one I did for one of my books. This is Even, my pilot. He’s not having a great day at the moment. But I sure love the angle!!!

-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
“Real men don’t use sprinkles.”-my brother
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
-
FIREQUACKER started the topic Mini Adventure Ideas? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 1 month ago
One of my WIPs is about a duck who wants to see the world, or at least part of it. Each chapter is a single adventure. Chapter One, in which Linda raids Walmart, can be found here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/contemporary-duck-wip-the-chronicles-of-linda-rose/
Anyway, I’m stuck on ideas. Does anyone have any mini adventure ideas for a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 1 month ago
I am a little worried I took some of the POVs too far in my imagination, and if I did, I’m sorry. Some of them I interpreted humorously without thinking much about their actual story 😅
😃
-
Ruth replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Don’t worry, I’m not inclined to get gory. It’s basically just gonna be threats.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 1 month ago
Okay, makes sense.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 1 month ago
What does that mean? What does 😃mean?
also 4% is still effectively zero in my mind lol. Going through this assuming they’ll die makes it hurt less when they do XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 1 month ago
I actually pictured you would have a few pointers XD
I decided this Game realm would know everything about these characters and have everything to neutralize them. So even if Alpha was immune to everything under the sun, this realm will have something to control him. I guess it’s a cheat card, but y’know, I’m not a fair player. :-P…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank yooouuu!! It took me very long to write that. And you never know, each of your characters have roughly a 4% chance of winning.
I’m gonna go draw some fan art for this, be right back lol
Oooh that’s a good idea.
also this is gonna sound super morbid but if there’s gonna be death, then I wouldn’t mind seeing someone fall to Mundy’s…
-
whaley replied to the topic Discernment in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
Also I’m sorry if this has worried you so much to make this post ❤️❤️ I hope you will feel peace of mind after this.
-
whaley replied to the topic Discernment in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
Ummm I think as long as you’re enjoying yourself and not entertaining any sin in your story, God’s on your side 🙃 God gave you a sense of creativity and you aren’t doing anything wrong by using it. I also believe it’s fine to tell a story just for the fun of it. God also created us to be perceptive, social beings who want to have fun togethe…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I liked this!! I don’t know if I mentioned this yet, but when you refer to Alan as “the soldier” it kinda throws me, especially since 1) he has a name that we know, and 2) this is something you kinda just started.
other then that, no complaints.
(I notice you use a lot of British spellings. I’m guessing that’s Canadian?…[Read more] -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
ack!! My old nemeses— facial hair! I can never do it right! It always ends up looking like charcoal smears.
I’ll try, but I’m gonna murder this fella’s face!
yeah, we’ve been doing two weeks.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Discernment in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
well, I don’t think this is going to be a one-size-fits-all-easy-answer. However, I’m willing to share what I do.
so, I get said idea wether it be plot, character, or scene. From there I write it down in a special journal specifically for this purpose. Then, I pray about it. I ask God to guide me and speak through my writing. I ask…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 1 month ago
So…
Alpha’s part was okay. Not perfect, but okay.
I’m not sure how they’d block his powers, since the only way to do that effectively is make him very tired, but Alpha has an extreme immunity to basically anything so…it’d take more than half of a vile to do that unless it was some super potion, but whatever. It doesn’t matter…[Read more]
- Load More
