@hybridlore
Active 1 day, 18 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ruth replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
I totally vibe with you guys!
I started writing a short story for this prompt for funzies (obviously I won’t enter it) and I just got it set up for my charrie to describe what happened and I’m at 1,000+! XD
Why I rarely write 500 word short stories!
As long as your story is between 500 and 10,000 words, and is…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
We should probably keep it under 3000 for the judge’s sake.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Okay good. I’ll keep going then.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Klethen – Elderstrand
Klethen started slightly when a voice called out to him, asking if he could tell them where they were. He looked around and saw a figure standing a few rooftops away. It was too dark to see much but he could tell it was a woman by the voice.
“No, I came here by accident, and you’re the first person I’ve seen.”…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Marcel — Edge of Deepwild
The three strangers began walking together towards the inevitable lights in the distance. Marcel strode alongside in the grass border by the roadside. The rippling wind seemed to carry him of its own accord, and it was like he observed the travellers instead of walking with them.
“What…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Baron (Brutus)—with Ben Gunn, Flare, Leon, and Julian, Everstrand edge
Reflecting off of the daggar, Brutus’s gaze flicked to Ben. “I thought you were an assassin.” He tilted the blade again, this time back to Leon. “I thought you were someone I know. That’s all it was.”
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, mine is hitting 1,500+. A novella is more like 10,000+. I don’t think it takes too long to read a couple thousand words personally, this would be more up to Rae. 😅
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
I was writing mine yesterday, but after 45 minutes I was at 1,610, and now I’m wondering when a short story stops being a short story and becomes a novella.
Is there a word limit?
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@jonas @hybridlore @whalekeeper
Felicity — Edge of the Deepwild
Felicity was reminded of her uncle when he would try to calm her down when she was upset at home. She took a deep breath.
The boy’s comment about forgetting had the opposite effect, though. The sound of squeaking gears and the smell of burning ink and machine oil surfaced in her…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh dear…more rps to read…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh dear.
I’ve never gotten that response! Not even when I killed Aaron!
I think i like it…… *evil grin* lol.
No, but it is good to know that you feel for my boy.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, more melodies on extra strings would just take more skill practice and concentration. That’s a great limit to the magic system because it would require study.
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic What's new around here? < 3 in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 11 months ago
I’m finally getting back into a schedule!! And, I’ve started working more on writing. I have a WIP series now too, which makes me so excited!! This will be my first serious-going-to-be-published book. At least, if that’s God’s will.
That’s so exciting!! That would be amazing!!
By the way, how does RP work? How do write a story that way?
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Marcel —- Edge of Deepwild
Marcel didn’t think long about the questions the girl asked, since every one of them confused and irked him. He still felt half asleep, wisps of color blowing out from behind him and waving at the night sky. He met all of their eyes and backed up, so the four people stood in a circle. “Li…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
This is great! I think it sets the stage for the next chapter much better! I like it.
-
freedom changed their profile picture 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
I tried that, and for some reason there was an error and it won’t let me. I can try again tho.
Thanks for the help.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
yeah, I can close off the week gap. I might say “a day or two” or something like that. Would this be better.
I think you meant to say someone else’s voice.
Ah, yes, I do. thanks.
Poor Joseph. I would be a little curious to know what it was like for him when he lost his own father. Does he ever see his face in the n…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
That’s fair. I feel the same way about ‘you do you’.
don’t even get me started.
With Alan down, he would probably try to step in and would not be willing in the least be to let Rour go. So Rour isn’t in a winning position yet. Do you have any ideas for this?
Hmm……
Let’s see.
Well, would Stripe care to protect Alan? I didn’…[Read more]
- Load More
