@hybridlore
Active 1 day, 15 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
DanteÂ
At first, Dante watched the scene with mild interest, as one might watch a couple ants fighting on their sidewalk. As the seconds passed, though, he grew more concerned. And when Brian came charging into view, sword in hand, Dante jumped to his feet.
“Oi! Cool it! All of you!” He chased after them.
Dante arrived just a few…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@anyone
Speaking of conflict, those flaming balloons are going to loose altitude at some point and it is currently right next to the school…
-
freedom replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 10 months ago
@keilah-h Whatever you want! Lyrical, instrumental, whatever! ✨
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
If you want to talk about this more, we should move the conversation so it isn’t spamming this topic. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Do words really change color for you when you read them, or do you read it in black ink but see it in your head as colored?
Acchhh this is extremely difficult. I believe my grapheme-color is somewhere in between association and projection. I was never confused as a child about how the letters were made with multiple colors, I knew they…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@rae @raxforge @ellette-giselle
Our characters are right next to yours, see below.
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Ellis, Fel, Sara)
The four travellers tried to look inconspicuous in the dark. Their soaked clothes mostly blended in with the background. Marcel noticed Felicity’s bright hair, and motioned for her to shove…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- changed their profile picture 1 year, 10 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Have you, by any chance, read The Sinking City by Christine Cohens?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Like I said, my mind was in a weird place. Specifically in the place of a reader snacking on some yogurt-covered pretzels.
Ew.
Honestly, I have always found those things rather nasty. They taste like artificial sweetener. Or at least the ones I’ve had always do.
You can post every couple of days. I can go over a couple of…
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes, I’m definitely praying for the election.
Thankful our God is sovereign and in control, no matter what ✨
I’ve found A Mighty Fortress a good song for today, precisely because of that. Delete the space at the beginning of the link.
h ttps://hymnary.org/text/a_mighty_fortress_is_our_god_a_bulwark
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Sounds good to me.
I don’t have anything right now, I might later, but nobody has to wait for me to go.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Look, if anyone picks up the series at book two, they deserve to be confused. *shrug*
If there’s any recap I’ll put a little in the Blurb on the back. But otherwise, what’s here is what they get.
Good Grief! Book two for nine year olds! NO WAY! It is so dark!
I’m a little torn. I think most of the conversation you have i…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Hey, thank you so much for this!
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do, and I’m so glad you can see that! Makes me so happy!!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@linus-smallprint ooof Ender’s Game.
Good example for a dystopian writer, horribly graphic writing (and also the occasional curse words? I remember there being Marvel-level cursing but not much worse).
Luckily I’m not the kind who’s perturbed by violence in writing. Watching it would be a different story, but reading that kind of thing really…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
You’re not wantonly throwing bloody battle scenes in. You’re writing a realistic impression of a story.
Remember the missionaries to that one South American tribe that were brutally murdered, but the survivors came back to that tribe to continue the mission? Stories like that are what your writing reminds me of. This sounds really weird, but…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 10 months ago
do the songs have to be lyrical or can some of them be instrumentals?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle Believe me, these stories are marketed for 8-year-olds:
- Wings of Fire (dragon series I read once with a good deal of violence. One character’s death is so graphic the writer didn’t even describe it, although that was in a side story that I didn’t read though cause it didn’t grab me.)
- Warrior cats series (LOTS of war and…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 10 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed yessss I will totally do that!!
now to find some songs.
- Load More
