@hybridlore
Active 1 day, 8 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper In my mind, I see it as:
Protagonist–The main character or character whose arc we’re following. The POV character in a first-person story.
Hero–Subtype of protagonist. Usually someone with a sense of good and evil, a person with moral standards they won’t break unless in an extreme situation, a person worth emulating at least by…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Aw! It’s so sad. I love it.
-
MineralizedWritings posted an update 1 year, 10 months ago
One day, I hope to fly a million miles away. Where painful memories are far away, and the fresh beach breeze covers my dry skin. The sea would lap over me, tugging at my hair, and perhaps I would feel at home. The strangeness of my new world would comfort me from the horrors of the one past. I’d bring you with me if I could, but I’m not sure you…[Read more]
-
Enid replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Discussion question. What is the difference between a protagonist and a hero? What qualities do you like to see in a protagonist, and do you prefer them to be a ‘hero’ or nay?
I’mma throwing this out there because I like reading people’s responses. 🙂
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes, the defeating the prophesy junk is stupid unless there is a very valid reason. For instance, I had a character in a book who was cursed by the gods of his people because of a prophesy, but when he came to Christ he was able to flip that on it’s head and say, “you know what, I was cursed. But so are all of you. We are all cur…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@rae yeah I can see that.
idk about misunderstood but tragic definitely.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh, don’t make me cry…Poor Hans.
I need to write a fanfic one day in which Hans lives! it has to happen!
@kielah-h
like in Freedom’s Fire you see him as mostly heartless and cruel, but in all the other books he is more humanized–he has a brother, he has a family, he has reasons for why he did what he did. Not that the…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed ugh you’re making me sad now
like in Freedom’s Fire you see him as mostly heartless and cruel, but in all the other books he is more humanized–he has a brother, he has a family, he has reasons for why he did what he did. Not that they were good reasons, mind you, but it means that it upsets you that he went down the path of…[Read more]
-
HighScribe posted an update 1 year, 10 months ago
If anyone ever tells you AI is going to take over the world, kindly tell them that ChatGPT can’t even play hangman properly.
-
freedom replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@keilah-h @grcr @rae @ellette-giselle @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @anyone-else-idk-lol
Anyone want to see a Hans aesthetic? 👀

-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh that makes sense! Yes, the defeating the prophesy junk is stupid unless there is a very valid reason. For instance, I had a character in a book who was cursed by the gods of his people because of a prophesy, but when he came to Christ he was able to flip that on it’s head and say, “you know what, I was cursed. But so are all of you.…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
(Come to think of it, if you enjoyed this snippet of my worldbuilding you might enjoy my full on WIP I “borrowed” these characters for, I don’t think I’ve ever shown it to you specifically. It’s a junkpile but it’s at least a semi-coherent story and much cleaner than many works I’ve caught glimpses of in the fandom.)
I’m game! I think…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
thank you!
-
Enid replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
I give you the stamp of approval. 🏅 But you already know that, since rubberhose is my favorite.
-
Enid replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
If you ever finish yours, I’d still like to see it! I now it’s too late for you to enter, but I’m very curious.
Honestly I think it revealed too much about one of my characters. And as you know, I am quite skittish to post such things. XD
Congrats, this topic rose in popularity again! I’m glad everyone is having fun! And this whole family…[Read more]
-
Enid replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Aaaand I shall cross my arms and back away from this, because I have roleplayed enough already.
-
Enid replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr @raxforge
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Group 1)
Without waiting for the group to disappear over the rooftops, Marcel ran at the ironwalker he had previously maimed.
His opponent horizontally sliced its broadsword. Marcel leapt onto the hilt and quickly stuck his hand into the elbow joint. As…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I don’t like Roger Williams (founder of Rhode Island and my distant ancestor) because he was too soft on theology. He also got kicked out by the Puritans and that’s never a good sign. And for all his pomp about religious freedom in Rhode Island, the church density there is lower than in North Carolina, where I live. So yea…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Thank you! Yes, Welsh, Irish, Scotch, and old Briton legends are very similar in that vein. Oh yeah. I hate Tinkerbell fairies. I think theres a time and a place for cute little flower fairies like Cicely Mary barker drawings, but those are by no means Fey.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed the ending! Wow, to hear that the…[Read more]
- Load More

Prettyyy, this reminds me of when we last went to the beach and sitting alone over the water in the evening 😊
@whalekeeper
ty
ooh that sounds super nice 🙂
That’s really pretty. <3 I want to put it to music though I have no idea how.