@hybridlore
Active 2 hours, 1 minute ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Oooh, history? I love history, but unfortunately for you, most of my research has been 1700’s/1800’s. I can see if I have any articles or websites bookmarked that might have information for you, though.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
I agree with Hybrid and second everything she said. It really depends on what kind of book this is and what age group it’s targeted towards. 11 is probably a lot if it’s something like middle grade fiction. If this is something massive, like, say, the Stormlight Archives, then 11 is more reasonable (though even SA doesn’t have that…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
the 20s really marked the beginning of people turning away from traditional values, something the USA tried to go back to in the 50s before all fell apart in the 60s…and we’ve just gone downhill from there🤷🏻♀️
Better in some ways, a whole lot worse in others.
-
freedom replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Hiiii 👋🏻 So, I will first say that a lot of my research has been sporadic or else focused on a single specific topic, so I honestly don’t remember a lot of sources I used for a lot of research by this point XD
And most of my research is focused on WW2😅
But each of the decades were really marked by specific things:
The 1910s was…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER started the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
In my current WIP, I have 6 MCs right now, but I want to add another one or two. In another one, I have 11, though that one may change. Is this too many? When does the amount of main characters become too many to keep track of?
@whalekeeper @rae @highscribeofaetherium @hybridlore @raxforge @esther-c @freed_and_redeemed @theshadow @ellette-giselle…[Read more]
-
Enid replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
@koshka
I didn’t know about the patent system update, that is really helpful to know… Huh… I did a lot of research on patents a couple years back but all the information disappeared from my brain after I finished the assignment.Awesome. I’ll start digging this evening.
I’m going to be doing a looooot of digging in the next five months, so I…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper I love that!!! <3
ACK
HEY!!!
how dare you.
ok, fine.
another bit of a scene for Book #3 (almost 200 words😜)
A door slammed open.
“You are either insanely brave or hilariously stupid, Herr Wagner. But given your insolence, I suppose I can see what information I may yet gather out of you. Fisher, return L…
-
Enid replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Hey she also has resources at the bottom of the page, niiiice.
-
Enid replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
Aw, I love her zeal for hair styling. That’s really cool. I would try doing what she did myself, but I actually have a short bob.
-
freedom replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle (*hands you tissues*) @liberty
YESSS I WANNA WATCH BONHOEFFER SO BAD😭😭😭
And yes, Liberty, I have written 2 novels with Leon/Riker as the MCs. The Broken and Redeemed Trilogy is solely theirs.
Book 1 is out already and has been published since July this year, and the 2nd one will (HOPEFULLY…we’ll just have to see😅) be released…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
So, this is technically a hair tutorial, but it has quite a bit of history as well. Delete the space after the h.
h ttps://historyboots.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/beyond-the-bob-1920s-hairstyles-for-the-rapunzels-among-us/
-
Enid replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
That’s okay, thanks anyway :]
Besides denser stuff, I’ll take anything I can get as lon as it’s reputable. I can’t remember ever hearing of Ken Burns, thanks for the recommendation.
I’m leaning towards researching why entertainment changed drastically within that time period. Things like radio and film. For…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I know!! It’s so perfect for her!!
-
Enid replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
*Pouts, snow dusting my face* Here are your words, a short story.
Little things, hidden in big things.
The bulky green cuffs of my coat did not fit me very well; some saw them as black holes, sucking up every dust bunny and trinket in their wake.
I tucked my hands in my sleeves. The cold sun, a smudge of orange in…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
you’re gonna make me cry!! I’m so happy you found out about this WIP!
yes!! A girl after my own heart! lol. I am German, so this is really close to me.
oh my goodness!! That is one of my dreams!! I want to track ww2 across Europe!!!
YES!! I’m just waiting for it to come out!!!
Freed-and-redeemed, are you watch…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Caught up on my snowballs!
Nowwww….
@lightoverdarkness6 @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed @godlyfantasy12 Â SNOWBALLLSSSSS!!!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m an American history nerd, but I can’t think of anything that sounds dense and academic right now, except for the Ken Burns dust bowl documentary.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
oh also the thing about the frog in his pocket is so funny lol
I love lizards and frogs and all that, but I definitely don’t put them in my pockets. At least I can wash my hands immediately after putting the animal down; my clothes, not so much. Plus I don’t want to sit on them lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle awww Sabina caring for the orphan clan is so cute!!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Thanks!! <3 :))
- Load More
