@highscribeofaetherium
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
Cloaked Mystery started the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Okay, so I think the way I want to do this is, I’ll give you a list of some of the options I’ve come up with, without comment, and you tell me what you like. I’m also not going to tell you what this magic system is about (though you can probably guess some of it from the names.) After I get some feedback, I’ll give you more context. Right now, I…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery changed their profile picture 1 year, 7 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@to-whom-it-may-concern
If it’s okay, I’d like to add some characters. They’re all from the same WIP, but they don’t know each other.
Vyette
She’s an earth elemental. She is fairly tall, at 5′ 9”, and has medium brown skin, green eyes, and black braids streaked with green. Her father is the (rich) vice president, and she is an arrogant snob…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The potato army WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Sorry I’m late in getting back to you.
Yeah, that was a creepy story. I don’t have too much to say about it—I agree with Linus about the pacing. I, too, like your use of repetition here. 😊
in my reached up to my ears, to feel them blood… leaking out of them…
I think I get what you’re saying here, but I had a bit of a hard time…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery changed their profile picture 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
thx.
I did have a scene before this one, but I didn’t deem it ready for posting, since there are a few things I want to smooth out first. Hopefully that scene will make it flow better.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
I like this a lot!! This section is good. I was trying to remember what happened beforehand. So far the stories have flowed, even though they are individual stories. This one seems a little out of place regarding the last one.
otherwise, i like this!!
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle @hybridlore @whalekeeper @keilah-h
Sorry for not posting in eight days. I hit Writer’s Block while trying to edit the next story to go on here and writing the next one 🙁
I’m not sure how long until I can post the full thing, but until then, I’m gonna post a snippet of the next…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery changed their profile picture 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
awesome! Glad I could be of help.
I think we’re all a little defensive of our stuff. 😂
I remember when you kept criticizing Aaron I was crushed because he’s a lot like me and I felt like you were criticizing me and saying I was a cardboard cutout. It took a few weeks for me to separate myself from him and see your cri…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Thoughts: Art, Illustrating, &c. in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Very nice! I really like the squirrel. The scientist is another one of my favourites. Your watercolour is good. That is a style I would like to get into, but never have gotten around to.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The potato army WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
You’re welcome!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks for the feedback! I thing I will go with this then.
In regards to your suggestion, Ellette, I think I might go with something that. I noticed in those paragraphs, I had fallen back into the narration style I used in the first draft. (Awkward! Overly Defensive!) This is probably part of why it feels odd to you.…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle @theducktator
Thanks for the feedback! I feel like everything is coming together now. I’m going to try to get this outline polished this week so that I can send it off to my editor for her thoughts.
Ducktator, did you see that note I added on the idea of using a slave to push Alan in the direction of trusting and obeying The…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The potato army WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Sorry I took a while to get back to you.
Of the projects you shared, The Kingdom of Kaimor sounds the most interesting to me. (Like Keilah, I like animal-hybrid races) Horror/Thrillars aren’t my thing, so A Cellar’s tales and P.I.-C.A.F.E are probably the least appealing. I did read that bit of A Cellar’s tales that you sha…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The potato army WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Super creepy, but interesting! Is this the entirety of the story, or is there going to be more? Either way, the mystery remains effective: if there’s more, than this is effective for piquing the reader’s interesting; if not, the questions it leaves unanswered are intriguing in and of themselves. I also liked your use of repetition.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I really like this chapter! Everything critical I was going to say @hybridlore already covered.
I really enjoy these characters. I like how Jack sticks up for his sister, and I’m eager to find out what happens and where Elina got her scar!
make sure to keep tagging me because I’m really enjoying this.
and those girls giving her a h…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Sorry it took me a day to get back to you. Even though you said you didn’t like this first chapter much, I think it has potential. It introduces the characters and their world pretty well. It is a very short chapter. Is that normal throughout the book, or is this the exception? It’s fine to have shorter chapters, but I think it might…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Flash Fiction Critique Needed!!! in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@esther-c Gotcha! A P.S. would be fun, but it might lessen the impact of the ending, so it depends on what you do. As it is right now, it doesn’t scream “actual letter” to me. It’s kind of like a thank-you-note (not exactly, but I don’t know how else to explain it.) or just a note. With a word count as short as yours, that’s fine, but maybe it’d…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
As a reader, is this a direction you would be satisfied to see the story take?
Yes
What do you think of the character development you see in this (specifically for Alan, Martha, Eric, and Cyrus)?
Seems solid.
Now that you’ve seen some more, what are your thoughts on the similarities between Eric and Kalmar?
I think it’s d…[Read more]
- Load More
