@highscribeofaetherium
Active 6 days, 23 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Wait… you posted in the spring channel here, I think. Are you joining KDWC?
Oh yeeaah, I did. Okay, makes more sense that you knew. 🤣 Yep, I signed up! I think I’m in Brookside Stories?
Lolol! Yeah, senior year is kind of crazy.
All of the kids are really smart and empathetic, but that also means they know exactly how to make each o…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@keilah-h @theducktator @the_lost-journal
How To Train Your Dragon, Coraline, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and maybe Dune are all better than the books.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Wait… you posted in the spring channel here, I think. Are you joining KDWC?
Lolol! Yeah, senior year is kind of crazy.
Normally everyone’s trying to kill each other with jokes.
🤣🤪
Oh wow. I’ve never really thought about that before, but it must be really weird and interesting. What’s the coolest thing you’ve learned so far?
Yea…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
The only problem is, I’ll have to figure out where that belongs in Cole’s character arc, since the timing on that is a little uncertain. I’m planning for this to be a duology, so that might be a great idea for the second book. I’ll just have to spend some time figuring out when I want to repair their relationship.
Ah, so you want th…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh, this is unrelated, but by the way, how is Challenge 4 going? What are you planning to do for your senior thesis? (I saw you were sprinting to work on it.)
You’ve seen that already? I haven’t figured out how to make a slack account yet. 😂
4 is going well! Classmates have been a little emotional, though. The first day this year, one…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Great! Yeah, I thought it was a really cool way to detail the narrative and make Sara’s voice distinct. I’m glad it doesn’t feel too distracting.Â
Now to be more consistent with it 🤔😂 -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
First off, @whalekeeper had an amazing suggestion for Cole and Sara! Love that!
Second, I like the synesthesia. It’s interesting and I don’t really know much about it so I feel like i’m uncovering something new as I read. I may be the odd number on this, but I personally enjoy it.
how about you, @linus-smallprint ?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
You’re good! XD
Oh, this is unrelated, but by the way, how is Challenge 4 going? What are you planning to do for your senior thesis? (I saw you were sprinting to work on it.)
I think I understand what you were trying to say, and I love that idea! A scene is starting to form in my head already 😅 The only problem is, I’ll have to…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awesome!! Sorry I stopped tagging you, I didn’t know if you were still reading.
I’m sorry I didn’t read sooner. XD I seem to have the unfortunate tendency of promising my feedback on multiple manuscripts. Nevertheless, I am here.
Making the world relatable was one of my big focuses, because I didn’t want it to just be this unr…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awesome!! Sorry I stopped tagging you, I didn’t know if you were still reading.
Thank you so much for the feedback! Making the world relatable was one of my big focuses, because I didn’t want it to just be this unrealistic cliche dystopian. I wanted the reader to be able to see why the government was this way, and for the gra…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m sorry, that sounds really hard. You were able to find a doctor that seemed like she knew what she was doing, right? Have they been able to figure out different ways to help you?
Yeah, it can be hard, but most of the time it’s not too bad. Same. Mine’s more guilt/compulsive thoughts. Mainly just enhanced anxiety, but i…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Flash Fiction Critique Needed!!! in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Honestly, their economic system makes no sense. They just have infinite money???
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
Yes! It’s back!
My love of dance has influenced my attitude toward critique a lot. It’s taught me to want corrections. One thing my favorite ballet teacher always says is that listening to your corrections is the best way to improve, and I’ve heard variations of this from the other teachers as well. The aforementioned favorite…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh wow, you’re an adult now. Yeah, paperwork, insurance, college, taxes, a job…good luck! XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Aw, I’m sorry!! I’ve been praying for you. Is it the health stuff, or just everything?
I’m doing pretty good. I still struggle with my OCD a bit, but for the most part it’s better. I do still have bad days though.
Okay. What time zone are you in? I believe the next one will be at 11 EST, but I guess that still counts…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Yeah! It’s not too late, if you’re not too busy for March!
Ahh, yeah. That would explain it
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m in Brookside Stories
one of the ladies emailed and said they are having tech problems at the moment. I think that’s why.
- Load More
