@highscribeofaetherium
Active 5 days, 23 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Yes, that’s it!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Think so?
I mostly write fiction so it would be interesting.
Maybe if I did a fiction-like sort of retelling… like how Little Women is Alcott’s biography but with a few fiction twists. That might make it easier to write.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay. Thinking about it, I think Alan does tend to get traumatized from what happened when his father Shattered. Thank you!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
one more book I can’t remember the name of where two children discover a hidden town by a lake during summer holidays. (All I remember is that the boy has braces, which remind the girl of a car’s bumper. I think the boy’s name was Julian.)
Gone-Away Lake! I love that book!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Lololol. We must remember that I wrote that when I was much younger and wasn’t fully sure where I stood… 😂
Ah, yes.
The fire thing was actually one of my favorite memories!! I want to write a book about it sometime. (I’d like to write about the whole experience of having church during COVID. There were so many cool things that h…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Could you survive in your story's universe? If not, why? If so, how? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 6 months ago
I could survive Laerylia during the beginning of the first book. I’d need to stay inside at night, carry a weapon, say nothing against the Sacrifice, not voice my support for President Lotan, avoid the High Priest, and not be at all powerful. After Lotan’s assassination, things get more complicated as those who have ever voiced support for him are…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
What exactly is contemporary writing? Books that come to mind when I hear this and the projects you are describing are Swallows and Amazons, The Moffats, and one more book I can’t remember the name of where two children discover a hidden town by a lake during summer holidays. (All I remember is that the boy has braces, which remind…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Celarent
Celarent picked himself up off the ground and dusted himself off, relieved that Mateo had let go of him. Somehow, the all consuming fear had left him. He turned to Bird Boy and gave him his most charming grin, hoping to fix the terrible first impression he’d just made. “Thank you. Where is this Foreign Culture class?”
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay, I’m back now. Your latest chapter looks good! And so, the adventure begins…
Looking forward to the next part and seeing what these woods are like!
-
-GRCR- posted an update 1 year, 6 months ago
Working on things.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Lololol. We must remember that I wrote that when I was much younger and wasn’t fully sure where I stood… 😂
Okay then. If that works then that’s great!
The fire thing was actually one of my favorite memories!! I want to write a book about it sometime. (I’d like to write about the whole experience of having church during…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Could you survive in your story's universe? If not, why? If so, how? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 6 months ago
Most of my answers would depend.
In Burne, the world of The Purple Eyed? Yeah, as long as I stay out of Needslight in Fremir, Burne. Needslight is a huge hood residential area, I often compare it to Chicago (and a few other places that seem dangerous). I’m pretty scared of hood areas anyway so I’d probably live far away from there… and Fremi…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay!
“I met a knight once. He got it by writing some three hundred line long poem about something or other. Thinnest, most absent minded man I ever saw.”
I. Just. Died.
Rory
Rory’s brow furrowed and a frightened look came to his eyes. “I…” he swallowed and licked his lips. “I think we have knights. We call them Agents… the…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
ack. I felt like there was something off about what he was saying, but I was looking for grammar and spelling over content. 😂
Okay, good. I know you are a Calvinist as well, so I was confused why you had that in.
Then I chose this. So, all that to say…. does it work? Or was a lie the only way he could have done it? (I know you s…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
I read your latest section. It was good! I left you a few comments on the file. I feel like Cole is going to start getting a little more involved soon.
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
I love all the art, guys!!! It all looks great!!! 😃💛💛💛
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yay!!! He’s back!!
That would definitely work better, giving Julian some time to come to terms with his grief.
Perfect. I made the switch this morning actually.
Why is the first thing that comes to mind the scene from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie?
ya know…. that works. I think I had a scene from my own mind in my…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
*grin* Yup. That never works for an excuse!
Yup. lololol.
Actually, that scene with Leon was inspired by a true account I read! Wonder if it’s the same one?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay, I’m back now!
So, keilah likes the scene that you have a problem with, linus! This is great. 🤣
Here’s an idea. What if I shift it a little so that the conversation happened a day or two after they had already been on the ship? Do you think that would work?
That would definitely work better, giving Julian some time to c…[Read more]
- Load More
