@highscribeofaetherium
Active 4 days, 17 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
whaley replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Testing… did this post come through?
-
whaley started the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for?
(By the way, this is the 101st TotW post! Kind of cool.)
Can be any kind of trope! Romantic, hero’s journey, maybe a specific character archetype.
I found out over time that I don’t really like the trope where the government is over-controlling and tyrannical. The idea is r…[Read more] -
Ruth changed their profile picture 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Ruth posted an update 1 year, 5 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon You’ve published some of your animal fantasy books, correct? I’m not very big into animal fantasy, but i have a friend who is. Her birthday is coming up, and I was wondering where I could purchase one or two of your books for her.
-
Oh, sorry for the late response!
I haven’t published yet. I’m touched that you’d want to get them though. 🙂 When is her birthday? I could send/share printable short stories. (In fact, quite a few KeePers could do a compilation)
If you want to get her some great animal fantasy books though, I would 100% recommend The Mistantle Chronicles by…[Read more] -
Also! Kylie Beevers ( @livingwoodchronicles ) is a KeePer that’s published. She has a fun series about a kingdom of foxes. The first book is Rise of the Living Wood. I think the second one is coming out soon. It’s sold on Amazon, and maybe in some book stores? I liked it. 🙂
-
Her birthday party is tomorrow (I’m late getting to this because I didn’t know until about a week ago) and I do have a gift for her that i got just in case I couldn’t get a book in time. Thank you for the suggestions, i might just get her a belated birthday present after the party. Thx again
-
-
-
whaley replied to the topic DnD QNA in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Me and my sister will get DnD supplies soon! 😄 I found several friends to play with irl as well. None of us has experience, so I’ll have to learn the DM role by myself.
-
whaley replied to the topic Bland Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
A list of suggestions, because lists seem to help me. :]
1. SLEEP.
2. Think hard to see if there are any emotional problems holding you back. Maybe you’re comparing your work to other people too much. Maybe you struggle to connect with your first draft because it doesn’t have the same punch you expected it to have.
Then, if there…[Read more]
-
Beth replied to the topic Bland Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I go through phases in my life where all my hobbies, particularly art and writing, feel very bland and aren’t fun anymore. I usually just wait it out and eventually I start liking it again.
This is exactly what I do. I get really obsessed with my hobbies, and it’s all I’ll be interested in for a week, but then I’ll completely turn it…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
I will also add to 7 that women shouldn’t be able to hold a position in the church higher than that of deacon.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
Nooo, not Wyoh!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
What do you get out of church or Sunday service? (If anything? I don’t know)
Time spent with God. Knowledge from sermons. Community. Holy Eucharist.
How important is your denomination or lack thereof to you?
Very. I can’t ever see myself in another denomination.
Do you think people can make mistakes interpreting the Bible? What wou…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter 18 out!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
@the_lost-journal (Will answer the rest of your response later) @stephie
Funny story …. I used to think that Pentecost… and Holocaust… were the same event…. uhm…. NO FURTHER QUESTIONS!!!!!
For me it was dollar and hour.
Escalator and elevator.
We have a piece of furniture called a secretary, and my siblings and I thought it meant cemetery,…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
@the-lost-journal
Okay, but don’t you think it is a little… robotic…? to just say: “the Bible and C.S. Lewis told me so!” Or a little childish? Well, of course if the Bible tells you something you should probably listen to it (obviously) but don’t have your own opinion on the matter? Like WHY does the Bible and Lewis say that?
I would be careful…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
Yes! I was wondering when this topic would revive!
What are your thoughts on Jesus having siblings?
The Bible says he does; therefore he does.
If you could visit one of the holy sights from around the world, where would you go? And why?
I would love to visit Israel someday and walk where Jesus walked. That would be amazing.
If…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Bland Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I wish I knew how to fix this, because I’m stuck someplace similar. My writing style just seems so dull and cringe, and my characters seem either flat or overly traumatized, and I use every excuse to not write, just because I don’t want to deal with the cringe that my story seems to be. I still love the story, I’m just hating my…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Paused essay a while ago and forgot to say.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
*sigh* Sprinting to write another essay.
-
Beth started the topic Bland Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Hello to all the wonderful peoples here. I was overthinking where to put this amongst the thousands of topics on KP so… here we are.
Does anyone else get in those moods where writing just feels bland? I know I get writer’s block frequently, but with that on the side, lately I feel like writing has just been extremely difficult to start. Even if…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter 17 out!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 5 months ago
The last one, but I love endings.
- Load More
