@highscribeofaetherium
Active 4 days, 3 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
All right. Have fun with that!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter 26 out!
I feel like the quality of these recent chapters hasn’t been as good, and I’m loosing steam. But I need to remeber that this is just the first draft. Fell free to provide… motivation to get me to keep going until then end. (Interoperate that how you will. I know,…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @hybridlore @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty @linus-smallprint
It’s my sister’s birthday so I probably won’t post today.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you edit your texts because the verb used was too weak and not specific enough.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The diamond game. in the forum Film 1 year, 4 months ago
Hey, is this still a thing?
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Is there a trope you don't see very often that you love? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 4 months ago
How could I forget to add the character who everyone thought to be dead crashing his or her funeral? The only time I can think of when this happened is Percy Jackson.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
So that is actually a term used in the medieval days. It means, “no one has explored this far, these waters are uncharted, it’s dangerous, travel at your own risk.” They would write, “here be dragons” because uncharted water is as dangerous as sailing into a place you know dragons live.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Think Twice About Character Death! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
You make some good points and may have saved a life. I had a character who I’d considered killing for drama, but I’m thinking I’ll keep her alive.
I would argue that sometimes shock value is a good reason to kill characters. For example, in KotLC the stakes are supposed to be so high, and the villains so evil, and yet all of the…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
So as you can see, the Empire has outposts along all boarders. So crossing boarders is not much of an option.

-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
I didn’t post a map on this book. Just the first one. I can post that again.
they are in the caves right now, but they are drawing up plans to build a village up there.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
they’ll be up in the mountains. If you looked on the map (which will be in the front of the book) you would see that the Empire controls these mountain ranges and the harbors beyond.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Hmm. It just seemed odd. I mean, Rolf is clearly needing a break. Roland is married…….
Yeah, we’ll run into a couple friends again.
Plus, I did want to focus on Leon and Julian a bit more. I feel like they are starting to drift a little bit. With Leon struggling physically, and Julian having trouble with what’s…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Ah. Not sure what version I like better. Gravitating towards the one I already know, but only because it is familiar.
This is the version we sing at our church. Is it the same one your church uses?
Any thoughts on that? Do you think it’s good that it’s just back to Leon and Jul…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Yes, it is.
Really?! That’s so cool!
This is the version of that psalm set to music that I always loved.
We also have another Psalm 13 hymn in our church too. I like this version best though. It just really gets the feel right.
So they are headed back now. I guess…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
How long, oh Lord, how long
Will this go on, go on?
How long, oh Lord, how long
Will this go on, go on?Was this song inspired by Psalm 13? We have a similar hymn we sing at out church inspired by that Psalm.
So they are headed back now. I guess they couldn’t hide in the mountains forever. I think you chose just the right moment…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @hybridlore @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty @linus-smallprint
NEXT SECTION!
“They’re back!” yelled a child’s voice.
Leon scrambled to his feet and ran for the entrance to the cave. Roland, Liesl and several others followed. They stepped out into the evening light just in time to see the hunt…
-
whaley replied to the topic Think Twice About Character Death! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon
Thank you! And I’m glad the examples made sense to someone besides me. The characters must be protected not only for themselves, but for the sake of story legacy. ⚔️Too hesitant to kill off characters who probably should actually die for the plot/ their own arc.
Some people are definitely more like that. I fall…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic EPIC The Musical. Thoughts/rants/and more in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
I did send it.
Is it not showing up on kp?
I can try again……….
h ttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9D6aaf1E9RWXbHoxKyieEjvr_oJJE97j
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic EPIC The Musical. Thoughts/rants/and more in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
Yes!!! I have.
That’s why I have all the karaoke cuts.
I was trying to send you the playlist I have because It has all the best versions. You see, they went in and muted the voices, and people had better tech than others to be able to do it. The ones I posted are the best.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic EPIC The Musical. Thoughts/rants/and more in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
- Load More
