@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@leumiester Yeah. Though pages should work for that too if you have a mac user who doesn’t have word.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister Are you hoping to get beta readers? Here’s what I’d recommend. You’ll want to use a word document. The reason is that beta readers can easily leave detailed comments on there. With a pdf, from what I know, all they can do is read it and then send you their overall comments. I think you could use dropbox to share the file if you want,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay and
Darik Swisher are now friends 9 years, 9 months ago -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus, I’m sorry you felt that way. It does have great points. It’s very understandable though. 🙂 I have put down books others have highly recommended too, so I’ll forgive you. 😉 (also because you did enjoy the Fiddler’s Gun and we both have a love for the Count of Monte Cristo) 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@christi-eaton I got almost half the way through the first one, but Marcus was honestly the only character I cared about, so I put it down. I’m sure it’s got brilliant points, but I wasn’t able to keep it up.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene 🙂 🙂 Haha! Yes! Let them skip the line. 🙂 I hope I can have a conversation with you about the Atonement Child when you are finished.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene The Atonement Child. Read it. Love it. Cry – a lot. It’s very heavy though. But it is very powerful. If you are fine with Mark of the Lion you won’t have a problem. Also, another one I really enjoyed was Bridge to Haven.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene YESSS!!! The Mark of the Lion is an amazing book series. I’ve been wanting to write a review on it but because there are some very heavy subjects / slightly graphic scenes, (though I believe Rivers handled them very well) I’ve held off for some of the younger viewers. I’ve had more than one conversation with some people on this forum…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene I’m glad you came out of the shadows! Francine Rivers is also one of my absolute favorite authors! It sounds like we have the same tastes in books. I’m so glad you enjoy KP. One of the things that drives me to keep publishing on here is the encouragement and the community. I hope you won’t go back in the shadows because I love seeing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Government Conspiracies in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
No ideas. None. My brain is empty. But I shall let you know if I come up with something. *nods*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@michael-stanton I can delete posts if you ever need me to. *delete’s your post*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
Did you draw your avatar, by the way? I love it!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
Hello @Aysia-Serene! I’ve seen you hovering around the edges here— welcome aboard. 😀 So glad you finally decided to join us. 😉 I see a lot of fantasy in your author list— is that your favorite genre? It’s mine too, though it really depends on the quality of the story. 😉 Do you ever think you’ll branch out and try something new?
Welcome again!
-
Hannah A. Krynicki replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
No problem @gretald. It gave me time to make a list of things that have randomly popped up in my outlining. There will probably be more, but for now here is the first round of interrogation. Thanks for helping me out!
-If you want to meet with someone to have a good chat, do you go to a coffee shop or some other place?
-Very roughly, how does the…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose
CONGRATULATIONS A MILLION TIMES OVER! That’s so awesome!!! -
Daeus replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
Ah! I’m second. Well, welcome to the bestistest place on the internet @aysia-serene.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all beta-readers! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
btw, people, Daeus likes this story.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Joseph's Songbird [a Christmas short story] in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
And yes. This is the correct way to post a critique thingy. 😉 For the forum, at least. If you wanted an excerpt critiqued by the actual staff and posted on the home page, you’d have to submit it by email as stated in the submission guidelines.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Joseph's Songbird [a Christmas short story] in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
@Abigail-Blomberg I really love the idea of taking the story from Joseph’s perspective, and I love the symbolism of a songbird you chose to represent their love. Great choice. There were only a few things I noticed that actually needed work— for one, you seem to randomly switch back and forth between past tense and present tense. That can be…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Joseph's Songbird [a Christmas short story] in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
@Abigail-Rose I really love the idea of taking the story from Joseph’s perspective, and I love the symbolism of a songbird you chose to represent their love. Great choice. There were only a few things I noticed that actually needed work— for one, you seem to randomly switch back and forth between past tense and present tense. That can be…[Read more]
- Load More
