@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Btw, I love The Force Awakens too. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Love the question.
We’ve actually got a resource coming out that you’ll hear about tomorrow that covers this topic (among many other things).
Personally, I’ve never been a romance reader and I never planned to write it either. My position on writing it, however, is shifting. In my current WIP, I included a love interest…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
KeePers everywhere!
1,000 strong. That’s my goal.
I am thrilled to announce the launch of the new Reader Behavior Survey. If you haven’t already read through this thread, the Reader Behavior Survey is a survey I put together that asks readers detailed questions to probe into how they think and what influences them. “Why?” you ask. Well, these…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 this is a good question, and @Aratrea has a good answer. I’d just like to add that first, it is possible to write a good romance without experience if you’re looking on it as essentially a really, really deep friendship. Obviously romance is more than that, but it will be easier to let the character’s slip into romance if…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is the "love interest" necessary? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Elizabeth-K this is a good question, and @Aratrea has a good answer. I’d just like to add that first, it is possible to write a good romance without experience if you’re looking on it as essentially a really, really deep friendship. Obviously romance is more than that, but it will be easier to let the character’s slip into romance if you’ve…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@Alia well, here she is… I decided to break out the colored pencils after *cough* ten years and as a result the picture ended up looking a little scratchy… but here you are just the same. 😉

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Beta-Reading in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper I may test you on that soon… 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
@hope Yes, I will be creating a video of me going through and analyzing the results and Josiah has agreed to share that directly through KP.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writing Is Like Having a Lake Inside Your Head in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@theliterarycrusader Zikers, this is writing in a nutshell! XD I love it!
I just wish I was to the point where I was actually flinging drops. I’m stuck on deciding my plan of attack, so to speak. Oi. XD -
Hannah Carmichael replied to the topic Writing Is Like Having a Lake Inside Your Head in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
I kind of want to just refer to all of my writing today. “So how was your day? do anything productive?”
“Well… I pretty much just floated around in my lake that I should be moving, but you know… I’ll get around to it.” -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Writing Is Like Having a Lake Inside Your Head in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@theliterarycrusader I actually said that one before I met Sarah, but there are a great many phrases we have stolen from each other. 😀 I guess it comes with Skyping a lot and now being her new apprentice 😉 😛
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Writing Is Like Having a Lake Inside Your Head in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@theliterarycrusader, Brianna, this is beautiful. I appreciate this on a deep and spiritual level. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-flournoy You can do it now.
-
Gracie replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Yes!! Exactly! It doesn’t help that I am constantly changing the way certain names are spelled.
-
Daeus replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@graciegirl Oh, trust me. I’ve done that quite a lot. 😛
-
Gracie replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you spell one of your character’s name wrong and then feel absolutely disgusted with yourself.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
@daeus, I filled that out for ya.
@audrey-caylin I never go to the library either, if I go I just look at books and find myself not interested and never get anything. My kindle is my best friend and I’ll only actually buy books if it is one that I have already read and really really loved, or it’s a hardback copy that’s like a dollar at a thrift store.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
I’m gonna tag some more people @r-j-wordsmith @overcomer @northerner @emma-flournoy @that_writer_girl_99 @sarah-h @audrey-caylin
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Happy little moment in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus well I thought so. 😛 In the best kind of way.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hello All! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 YESSS!! That’s the annoying part of it. It was just to appease everyone. I love the Kane Chrinicles too, but I haven’t had the chance to read those cross over stories. They sound like a ton of fun! I love it when characters from other parts of a story world run into each other.
- Load More
