@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Gracie replied to the topic MBTI in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jess *high five* Do you know your Ennegram type? Or your MC’s? I’m a 4w5, and my protagonist, Nora, is a 6w5.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@jess @dragon-snapper @graciegirl @winter-rose @that_writer_girl_99 @jane-maree I’m planning to write till 9.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 yep! I shall be graduating this year. *grins**salutes her fellow soon-to-be-graduate*
I struggle with outlining too. But I’m going to try it in earnest with my next project to see if I can speed up some. 😛
That is a good question, yes… where do you want your protagonist to end up? Hm. I don’t wanna put words into your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’d be happy to try. 😀
@I-J-Anderson thank you… and WOW. *shakes head* I just… no words. 😛
-
Gracie replied to the topic MBTI in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@rachelle @anna-Brie I saw you guys found MBTI a bit unreliable, and I was just wondering if any of you have ever tried using the Enneagram (another personality tool) instead? I found it to be a lot more helpful in regards to characterization. I think the MBTI is better for real life applications, but the Ennegram gives quick insight into the…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic MBTI in the forum Characters 9 years, 5 months ago
@rachelle @anna-Brie I saw you guys found MBTI a bit unreliable, and I was just wondering if any of you have ever tried using the Enneagram (another personality tool) instead? I found it to be a lot more helpful in helping with characterization. I think the MBTI is better for real life applications, but the Ennegram gives quick insight into the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton thanks. 😀 I like trying to capture light… that’s my thing. I really love light. And textures. Sometimes I think I’m getting there. XD
@Aysia-Serene ha! It took me a good long while of practice and observation, that’s how. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *chokes*
@That_Writer_Girl_99 that’s very much up to you. Some do it completely in their head, some write outlines longer than the work itself. The key thing is to figure out where your MC starts, where you want her by the end, and how you’re going to get her there. Follow the five plot point thingy using your MCs arc as the thing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
@ClaireC *raises hand* My vocal range actually has the high end of the soprano and the low end of the mezzosoprano, so I’m not sure what you’d technically call me. 😉 And yes, I do sing… opera? I’m not sure I’d strictly call it opera, but I have several classical songs that I love that could be categorized like that. Voi Che Sapete, for example.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper yes, that sounds slightly more agreeable. 😉
@That_Writer_Girl_99 oh yes, sorry. I should have clarified that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snaper yes, that sounds slightly more agreeable. 😉
@That_Writer_Girl_99 oh yes, sorry. I should have clarified that.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @jess @that_writer_girl_99 I got about 600, which is pretty good.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper I am come!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper considering the history of the Chosen One up to this point I’m not sure I like that idea… XD But thank you for the compliment. 😉
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
I like it! @kate-flournoy, you have your own unique style and I love seeing it! Great work as always. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
Okay guys… interrupting with a piece of art. 😉
@Aysia-Serene @I-J-Anderson remember my character Taren you did sketches of a while back? I tried her again today and got this. I’m not totally happy with it, but I figured I’d share it just the same. 😉

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *freaks out* I wouldn’t know where to start! 😛 Besides… writing a book about it isn’t the same as helping individual people through it. And recently I discovered something about myself— I really like coaching people. Like, really like it. I like watching them grow and seeing things click and then stepping back and watching…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus DO IT. I may hate salespeople and be horrified of selling things myself but for this… I’d do it.
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’ll explain character arcs this evening. For now I have to run. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, it’s legal. Ideas aren’t copyrighted, only the organization of those ideas. So if you were to create your own course basically copying everything we say, that would be a copyright violation, but pretty much anything less than that is totally fine.
It’s actually good promotion for us. 😛
Some day I’m going to release you on…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 okay so first of all, I read through the posts that I did last night and realized my brain must have been working on a low battery because they were very scattered, so thank you for sticking with me. 😛
How much do you know about character arcs?
And while I wait for you to answer that question, we can have a little talk…[Read more]
- Load More
