@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Gracie replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
@Mariposa Wow! That is super cool. 😀
I’ve never really been into doing collages or typography but you all are making it look super fun! We shall have to try this in the future won’t we, precious?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
Well, here it is… I wrote it a while back so it’s not entirely current anymore, but it’s pretty close. 😉
Exile is a terrible thing.
But Harold chose it.
There are many things about his destiny he doesn’t understand. Why he, a prince, should have been accursed with a strange gift that left him a monster in the eyes of the world and d… -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
@GracieGirl those are adorable! I love the watch— how long did it take you to do all that detail? 😛
@Mariposa Uncharted. 🙂 I have a sort of blurb thing for it if you want… though I’m really bad at blurbs, just warning you. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper I edited 922 words. Glad you feel ready to write now.
I asked about how you were doing characterization because it seemed that maybe you weren’t getting to writing because the characterization was taking too long. If you don’t mind, I thought I’d share my characterization process, not because it’s the right way to do things, but…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
There she is!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
Zikers, I missed Evaleen. One moment…

-
Gracie replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
@Winter-Rose I love this thread idea! And that typography (is that what it’s called? XD) is really cool. I’ve never thought of doing something like that before but now I’m interested. 🙂
Here’s a painting I did about a year ago showing the house of one of my WIP’s major characters, Evaleen. It’s called Stargazer Hill and that’s why there are…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper Great.
Now, I’m curious. I can’t really chat until I’m done writing, but I’m wondering what you’re doing for characterization. Are you writing up backstories or filling out character question charts?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper @graciegirl @winter-rose @daughteroftheking @northerner @ethryndal I’m writing for an hour if you want to join in.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper @graciegirl @winterrose @daughteroftheking @northerner @ethryndal I’m writing for an hour if you want to join in.
-
Gracie replied to the topic The Healer's Curse Short Story Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
@Cloudy I could try, but I don’t have a ton of experience with critiquing. This week is a little weird for me too so if its very long I might not be able to get through all of it.
Are you just wanting to see how the plot feels to a reader or did you want more of proofread where I’d look at syntax and flow? -
Gracie replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
Oh, @Hope I just finished reading that Tuesday morning and I loved it. ;D
And that is kinda creepy how that girl in the collage actually does look exactly like how I pictured Elissa. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *even sidelong-er glance* I might in a bit… I shall be starting a topic when I do… The same book Hope made the collages for. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper wellll… *sidelong glance* Do you like beta-reading?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If the whole is bad, can parts be good? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Good point @Daeus; I hadn’t thought of it in reference to that scripture.
-
Daeus replied to the topic If the whole is bad, can parts be good? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@hope One thing that comes to mind is how Paul quoted the Cretan poet in wherever it is about evil beasts and lazy gluttons. That was a heathen poet, but Paul found one of his sayings profitable. Come to think of it, this is really basically the whole food sacrificed to idols thing all over again.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper @audrey-caylin @Daeus @Winter-Rose @DaughteroftheKing @jess @Ethryndal
I’ll be here for about an hour researching some character backstory if anyone wants to join. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If the whole is bad, can parts be good? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Hope knee-jerk responses can be dangerous but we has one now and we shall just spit it all out so we can organize our thoughts. 😛
As far as music goes, it’s an art form just as much as anything else. The purpose of art— all of it— is to reflect the beauty and order of God’s creation. Fan-fiction, if you will. *wink* We can all tell the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper ha… *grins* @Hope‘s will before that particular one of mine, for sure. 😛 She does do a good job with the collages, doesn’t she? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
- Load More
