@hannah-krynicki
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 81
-
Greta replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you’re on this Forum discussing writing with other writers. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Character Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
This is a great topic! I was just trying to figure out a name for my protagonist in a novel I just started when I saw this topic. 🙂
Protagonist:
Ariana QuinnOther Characters:
Sheryn Slade
Rosalyn Gardener
Queen Eldora
Prince Deron
Princess Mira
Madam Munch
Mrs. Dorandos
Miss HimwegVillan:
Enon
The Invisible Ones -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – What do you think of this as a starting?
A single light glowed from a window and cast strange and ghostly shapes on the empty street outside. The constant flickering of the candle light displayed that the person in the room moved about regularly. The footsteps were muffled by a thick rug that warmed the floor. Robes swayed back…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Alright! England here I come. *fingers crossed* Hope it works. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
This is one other story idea I have that I haven’t been able to get to work. (have you heard of the nursery rhyme ‘Little Jack Horner?’)
Little Jack Horner was a real boy and lived in the Abbey of Glastonbury during the reign of Henry VIII. The abbot sent the deed of the abbey to the king concealed…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@daeus – Grrrrr. My mind must be very lazy. I never think of anything worth writing. I have found a book called ‘A Step in the Write Direction, 999+ ideas for creative writing.’ by Sandra Lynn. It is quite helpful, but right know I really don’t know what to write about. Arrrrggghhhh!!! Any suggestions are welcome… 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Oooo! You are so luckly. I hit writer’s block all the time. Sometimes I hear something and I think “that’s such a great story idea” and start writing and then get stuck. 😛 I hate it when I do that. Do you have any suggests on how to come up with idea for stories too? That is one of the things I struggle with the most. I like your suggestion. I…[Read more]
-
BlueJay started the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
What do you do when you hit writer’s block?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
I love that part too. I think my favourite line bit though is:
Another two, rifles at the ready, watched the water for crocodiles. I wondered if that would make my mum feel better or worse. -
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Yeah! Not sure what my family would say but why not? 😉 Oh wait, I have a theatrical production coming up next week and as I’m the lead role, I’d better stay put. *Sad sigh* (Can you post photos on the forum, if yes, you should post some of lovely white fluffy snow.) 😀
I do hope, though, to travel to America one day. My brother went to Texas and…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Good point!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Oops. That n should have been ‘in’. Grrrrrrr
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@ivyrose – You have snow!?! You are so lucky. We didn’t get any snow last year and I looooooove playing n snow. Can I come an visit you??? 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – How could I forget a description of Savanna? Especially her eyes!!! I’ll add that to the story for sure.
I’ll have a look and see if there is another way to say that line.
With the debit card it’s a bit of a joke in our family. When you get charged you have to pay. So when a rhino charges you (money) you pay him. Does that make a…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – your link worked and the story is posted for all who wish to read it. Please feel free to critique it too. (I looooove criticism) 😛
-
BlueJay started the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum 10 years, 9 months ago
Anna’s Savanna
Have you ever wanted to say that you have owned the weirdest pet in the world? A pet that no one else has owned before? A pet that makes people envy you? I have. I am a typical teenager living in a typical flat in a typical city. Boring. My name is Anna. Boring. I have straight brown hair. Boring. And nothing exciting ever…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@Ivy-Rose – It would be that in America. So when it is 30 degrees in Australia is would be like 86 in America. So because it is 5 degrees where you are is would be -15 for me. (Boy, I’m glad I’m in Aus) And yes, yes yes…why don’t you come to Australia? 😛 Just fly over and have the best holiday of your life, sweating out here, swatting flies,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
RA is by John Flanagan. And with a bit of fixing, they are an awesome series. If you haven’t read them you should!!!
It sounds like a book that I would cry at. (Everything makes me cry. I feel for all the heroes and when they cry so do I) Whenever we watch a movie that we know is going to be sad, my siblings say “Let’s get out the bathers and…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Haha. Never read it. In fact hadn’t heard of it till now. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I find I actually prefer to write about males then females. Seeing as my favourite topic to write about is war, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised!!!
@joy-schmidt have you watched Narnia-Prince Caspian? (I’ve only just watched it. So good. Cried heaps and heaps.) Your prince makes me think of him. He is calm and cautious, but when he learns about…[Read more] - Load More
