@hannah-krynicki
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 81
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@writefury, thanks for the ideas! I’ll have to think about the contradictions idea. 🙂
The story, so far, is about a girl (the MC) who lives in a small town in another land. It’s fantasy, so I’m probably going to set the story in another world (which I haven’t figured out the name of yet 🙂 ). An evil king rules the country in which she…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes, it does makes sense @kate-flournoy 😉 And I completely agree. Nobody wants to be given a bunch of rules to follow *coughmecough* 😛 I think that portraying God’s love (rather than all the “rules”), even in stories, will inspire people to seek God. A lot of people, I believe, think of Christianity as a bunch of rules. But it’s SO much…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Wow! I have rels in Canberra. Yeah. It is so cold here. It was drizzling as we played a game of cricket and was overcast and not very summery. 🙁
Yes! Daydreams are great for short stories. @kate-flournoy has been telling me that everything has a story in it. You just have to think creatively. And it’s working for me. Last night I had a headache…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
@anna-brie You might get this today, cause our time will be closer than America. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
@anna-brie Hello. And no you’re not the first Australian. I signed up a few weeks/months ago. I am quite new to story writing and I certainly don’t write novels. 🙁 Scary!!! The most I’ve written is around a 5 page story. 🙂
Where about in Aus are you? I live down in Victoria almost on the border. Isn’t Australia a great place to live??? (Sorry…[Read more] -
Greta and
Sarah Spradlin are now friends 10 years, 8 months ago -
Greta replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@writefury, yes! I just can’t get over how ironic that is… 😛
Vivacious is another word I like. I love how it sounds 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Sarah-h – No, book 5 is not the end one. Book 6 is. But I have read 1-4 miss 5 and then 6, so I know how it ends. I haven’t read The Young Underground so it wasn’t too sad. 🙂
And yes, Carry On, Mr. Bowditch is a great book for boys and girls. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Sarah-h – Carry On, Mr. Bowditch is about Nathaniel Bowditch’s (a real person) journey from his modest beginnings, to his first sea voyage, to his rigorous self-education, to the triumphs of his fine-tuned mastery of navigation and eventual publication of his famous work, The American Practical Navigator (also known as the “Sailor’s Bible”).…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Yes lunch. (Which I have had now. It is actually 12:54pm) And if it was 8pm over here I’d be heading to bed. Which sounds nice cause I had a late night (got to bed at 1am) cause my sister had her engagement party. But no, I still have the whole afternoon ahead of me.
@daeus – You’ll probably find that you skim read it cause you…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oops sorry @daeus. (My fingers are way toooo fast for my brain and I’m hungry for lunch so my head isn’t focused.) 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
You were right @writefury. It is the fear of long words. (Thank you Google. 🙂 ) I like your idea too @deaus
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes! Yes! Yes! Normally I hate maths (I have a soon to be brother-in-law who can’t understand how I can dislike it) but Nat makes me wish that I had a better brain and I sometimes feel like learning Latin and Greek too. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I have no idea what they do as I’m Australian not New Zealand. I found it in a book and loved it ever since. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
It’s a great book. It is written so well that it is interesting and yet it still has a great lot of history in it.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
By the way, this is the name of a hill in New Zealand. Have fun trying to say it –
taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu 😀 And for another interesting name, a town in France has the shortest name – Y. 😛 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia – what a word! What does it mean? 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yay!!!. I read it to my eldest sister and had to stop so many times cause I was laughing too hard. (And there was the occasional teary scene) 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus, Yes! Doesn’t Tolkien use the word discombobulated? Or maybe I’m thinking of confusticated. 🙂
Some of my personal favorites are pseudonym (I just love that way it sounds) and hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (I think I spelled that right…).
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone! Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. 🙂
Thank you all for your advise! @writefury, I haven’t done much of anything yet…I guess I didn’t know where to start (but I did come up with the MC’s name, which is a start 🙂 ).
@hannah-krynicki, that’s a great idea! I’ll have to try that.
@kate-flournoy and @daeus, I will have to refer back…[Read more]
- Load More
