@gwyndalf-the-wise
Active 5 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 404
-
Esther replied to the topic Open Eyes in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 9 months ago
Welp… I wrote a short story! XD
If you have the time, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it before I show it to friends and family. (It’s kinda long, I apologize, lol. It’s under 11k.)
Tagging some folks just in case you’re interested, but don’t feel obligated to read it. :))
@freed_and_redeemed @savannah_grace2009 @lightoverdarkness6 [Read more]
-
Esther started the topic Open Eyes in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 9 months ago

Open Eyes
~*~
Amos wiped sweat off his brow with the back of his hand. He pressed against the wall of the synagogue, the stone cooling his hot skin. The voice of the priest droned on through the windows. “But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in I…[Read more] -
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
We also have a new tradition where we eat a different cuisine for dinner on the three(?) nights leading up to Christmas. Like Mexican, Chinese, pizza, and then on Christmas Eve we eat finger foods so there aren’t a lot of leftovers to leave room in the fridge for left over Christmas dinner. 😋
-
Esther replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yes ma’am!! Similar to like a lot of people celebrate I think… We never grew up with Santa, so that’s never been a thing (we have nothing against it, of course, we just never “believed” in it as kids). We decorate our house for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and we set up our Christmas tree (we have wayyyy too many ornaments…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Thanks ladies!! <33
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@linus-smallprint What I meant by “breaks immersion” is that I didn’t really want to pay attention to the spells. They have no use to me. They’re deeply evil in Alan’s world and useless in mine, so what reason do I have for needing them in my memory?
Also the part about the writer changing them didn’t make sense to me. Why not just not write…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
So, whenever I’m overwhelmed, whether by emotions or circumstances, or just whatever, I have to remind myself that God is there and He cares and wants me to turn to Him for help. I understand it’s not easy for everyone to talk to a God that they can’t physically see or hear, but He’s there, Kefa. He wants you to come to Him wit…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m kinda in between Whaley and Ellette on this. They both have good points I agree with.
It’s your call, Linus. Your story is the one on the line.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper I get that and to some extent agree. It’s just the inclusion of a detailed description of the spells kinda broke immersion for me a little. It didn’t seem THAT necessary.
-
Keilah H. posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @linus-smallprint @whalekeeper @rae @highscribeofaetherium @theshadow @esther-c @grcr @ellette-giselle @the_lost-journal
(I hope all the tags work, if it worked for you but not someone else then please tag them)I’ll be on a trip this weekend and won’t have internest, so I won’t be able to reply to anyone on KP…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
Could I suggest something to you that always helps me when I’m feeling overwhelmed?
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
No worries! This week got really busy and I got sick halfway through, so I probably wouldn’t have been able to RP very soon afterwards anyway. Where should we start Lukas and Livia? I have no idea what day it is in relation to the dance (which has been planned for like forever now…it’s craaazzzyyyy 😂)
-
Loopy posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
Why are sheep so hard to draw?? You’re supposed to just be a cloud on legs why is your face structure so weird
-
Loopy replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Why did you two target me? Is there something you want? like, something specific for me to write about or were you like “I’m gonna hit RAE!”
Your tag is easy to remember
-
Loopy replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
@the_lost-journal Yay! I’m glad you’re doing better. Also, sorry if I sounded too harsh
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh why! Must it be a hand or foot? And why talons! Can’t you just restrict the movement! This is horrible. If he and Martha do get married, how is he supposed to hug her without slicing her back?!?!?
*feels slightly offended for the 90% of my characters that have talons*
I’M KIDDING I’M KIDDING
I mean, I have a c…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@linus-smallprint Hmm, this was interesting.
How do Alan’s friends feel about this?
Does he realize how guilty he’ll be when he wakes up? I mean, he just dedicated his life to God and swore off magic a few chapters ago.
I’m not sure how I feel about the spells being as descriptive as they are. I had no problem with it, personally, although it…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
Also, I get that you’re frustrated, but
And I don’t mean to be rude or random, but are you mentally ok? You are very weird.
I just wanted to know a simple question, and why would you even “fake” vote on my thing if you NEVER WANTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!
AND FOR THE LAST TIME! I CANNOT DO THAT WHALEY!
Don’t talk to people like…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
Also who is Psalmist? What book is he in?
The author of the book of Psalms. It’s a title, not a name. It’s most likely King David, but since we don’t know if he wrote all of the psalms, the author is often referred to as the psalmist instead.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
@the_lost-journal
Hi, I’m sorry you’re going through all that right now. It sounds like a lot. You didn’t specifically ask for advice so feel free to ignore this, but here:This is going to sound weird, but I think taking yourself more might help. When I’m angry about something and I feel out of control, I try to step away from the situation and…[Read more]
- Load More

No problem! Have fun!
Thank you!!
Have fun on your trip!! 🤗
Thanks!
👍😀
Alrighty! Have a great trip! 😄
Okay. Thx for letting us know.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
You’re welcome!
Ok, hope have a good time!
Thank you!
Have fun on your trip!
Have fun!