@godlyfantasy12
Active 3 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6750
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
So, the king has been traveling for a while. He wasn’t aware of the rules put on the people by his regents, who he’d appointed to take care of the country while he was gone.
When I wrote it, I was trying to create sort of an allegory. I know it’s not perfect, but that’s what I was thinking when I came up with it. The king is meant to…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
I added a few sentences that hopefully resolve it a little better? I’m not sure. Do you still think it’s missing something?
… I can’t believe I didn’t see it before—who he was. The suspicion has grown inside of me for weeks, strengthening with each day that passed. When the guards disappeared from the marketplace. When the curfe…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Alright! XD Thanks, I appreciate it.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Got it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I knew it was pretty obvious. I’m not sure how else to write it (where it’s not obvious) in such a short word count.
So, yeah. As soon as I posted it I was like, oh, I need to add something that talks about how the rules/guards have been changed. Really when I wrote it I was thinking it’d have a few more scenes, but then when I got…[Read more] -
hybridlore posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
It’s almost 2024 … 😳
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Ugh, I know, that’s the worst. Maybe try Nameberry? I usually go there for names.
-
hybridlore started the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c @jonas @highscribeofaetherium @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @whalekeeper @rae @kyronthearcanin @trailblazer @anyone-interested
Hi! I wrote this short story… I think last week, and I would love any critiques or advice you guys have. I’m not really sure if the ending is timed right… but anyway, I’m excited to see what you think! The…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I like it! Blair and Blaine are really similar names, though. That might get confusing, unless it’s intentional?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic An aggravation over Stained Glass in the forum Poetry Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
@koshka This is really beautiful!
-
Esther replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh this is so fun! Yeah, it’s after Christmas, but I’m answering anyway. XD
how do you celebrate Christmas Eve/Christmas?
Typically our church has a Christmas Eve service, so we’ll go to that. For Christmas Eve dinner, we’ll eat finger foods and we make a punch with Hawaiian Punch, 7-UP, and orange sherbet. Then there’s this cute…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
I know this is late, but I’ll be praying for him too. That’s tough. ❤️
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@everyone
What do y’all think about switching parnters for the next dance? Of course you can finish up your conversations and such though. 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Lukas
He shrugged. “Well when I heard about the dance I didn’t really want to go, but when…” he trailed, catching himself before saying something embarrassing. “Yeah, I think I’d still want to go as long as you do.”
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
I love both of those!! I can tell so much about these charries just from their boards.
And I’m assuming Rylee loves dogs or something like that…? She sounds pretty cool. 😏
-
whaley replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks, guys ❤️
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
XD
Hugo
“Right.” Her older brother seemed easygoing enough, if a little combat-centric and intimidating to some.
The two headed off into the mass. A slightly faster beat played, with just a touch of syncopation. Not all out, but energetic enough to sent a shiver down Hugo’s spine.
“It’s my turn to teach you a dance.” He backed away…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I haven’t read the books yet, but my sister has them and I might sit down with them some time. I love the movie, it’s so underrated! ❤️
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
🤣❤️ It depends on what you mean by falling in love!! He likes her and would love to know her better.
I know, not head over heels yet, but he’s had lots of interactions with other girls so he’s used to initial heart flutters. He comes from a society where you go out on casual dates all the time. It takes a while for him to imprint on one gir…[Read more]
- Load More
