@folith-feolin
Active 2 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 311
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m always so impressed when somebody invents a language for their story. I’m too traumatized from Latin to have any sort of desire to that end.
It saved the world from becoming a huge political allegory
LEGIT concern right there. Actually so true.
Hm… Maybe you can create some kind of explanation for the fall…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh, and then you’ll have to figure out what the gods represent, and then you’ll have to have a basic mythology, and then there’s the question of how they teach this mythology….
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have reawakened the trauma. *Pats your head apologetically* We’ve all been through it before.
Boundaries will help. Writing is like a relationship. You can’t let it take over your life, Koshka. I believe in you.
🤣😝
-
whaley posted an update 1 year, 8 months ago
@loopylin @rae @godlyfantasy12 @hybridlore
*Core memory unlocked* I just remembered something from at least a couple years ago. My seven-year-old baby sister fell in love with Marcel when he was made, and insisted his theme song was Cupid by Fifty Fifty. There was lots of kicking feet and giggling. She was such a hopeless romantic. Gosh, that…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Whimpers*
Maps? I tried. I really did.
*Screaming intensifies*
Yeah, I probably need to find some natural boundaries I can stick in. I’m not trying to be Tolkien. I just don’t know where to make it stop.
Not that I don’t love it at the same time….. -
Koshka replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
It’s okay Keilah. The other day I called one of my characters something like “my little wolf child” and “baby”.
My older sister looked at me with this blank stare and asked who I was talking about because “Isn’t he the soldier?”
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
A perfectly understandable complication. After all, now you have to make every aspect of your world just as complicated as that porridge recipe. It’s only natural.
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Watches you scream* *Joins you by screaming into my stuffed unicorn*
The best decision I ever made for Project Lovedream was to limit the world-building to one city due to an extreme history of isolationism, plus the science fiction boundaries implemented because of it. It makes my job a whole lot easier.
Have you drawn maps for your…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
That actually reminds me of a conversation I saw on CWW before the community closed. It was about relatability and likability. A lot of people seemed to think relatability makes a character likable. I’m not sure if I agree with everything they said, but it was still interesting to read.
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Ahhhhhhhhhhh yesss…… It never ends …..
I actually really need to flesh out some of my cultures on these lines, but then there’s the cultures inside bigger cultures, and the random pockets of society, and this is just one tribe?!
*Screams into pillow in a mixture of pure joy and pain*
-
whaley replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, that makes total sense. He is only relatable for some people. It’s impossible to relate to every character, but you can still like them. And I’m glad Sanderson gave him several things to work through, specifically in WoR. :-]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
One of the first things I pin down are what I consider the building blocks of a culture; Cold or warm; Individualist or collectivist; Rich or poor; Military or civilian; Old or young. Then I find the cultural ideals for beauty, character, morality, nobility, justice.
This stuff is all so fuuuuuun, and all so eeendleeeeeeesssss. And just…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
The textbook format has been appreciated by several writers. According to a survey performed by a certain Stepheroni and Cheese, two out of two young writing enthusiasts used this world-building tool regularly.
Mm, I credit you with accurate scientific knowledge. Take my friendship.
-
whaley replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
My brother says Kaladin is a sorrowful sack of mope. HE IS NOT.😭Please people, back me up on this! I need allies!
I agree that he is a sorrowful sack of mope, but it does not bother me at all. XD I actually kind of understand Kaladin. It’s a little silly to say, especially because I’m not an ex-general ex-slaved tur…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Ah yes. Some writers talk about their super organized notes, and I’m just like “I have a head. And some notes here…or maybe over there…”
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m not sure what a good process is, but here’s basically what I do.
I have a doc for each of my series that is mostly just notes about the characters, the plotline, and a bunch of random culture things. And then I’ve scribbled some things down in notebooks, but I haven’t kept up with those so I don’t really know if I have that stuff…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks for joining, y’all! It was awesome to kinda actually meet you.
May your words flow easily into your WIPs and all characters do as they should.
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I also use Google docs and fill out the whole thing with general information, such as flora and fauna, science, tech, etc. History is by far the longest section.
Does anyone have advice for outlining magic systems? I’m looking at you, @jonas . Or really anyone. I would like to be more organized with it, but I’ve never known where to start.
- Load More

Lol
That’s adorable. XD
Also, love the new pfp
Lolllll this is old but it’s hilarious.