@folith-feolin
Active 2 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 311
-
Koshka replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
No, we don’t do infant baptism. We will baptize children who understand what baptism is ect. and want to be baptized (I was baptized at 6 years old for instance), but we don’t baptize infants. While a soul is the same size no matter the age, we believe baptism must be a choice just like the rest of salvation, a decision on the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Anyone want to take a survey for an essay I'm writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Aight Jonas, did it
My boundaries aren’t super good right now, but this semester was technology-heavy because of my thesis, so I’ve been focusing on that. I think stress avoidance plays a huge factor for me, and being on technology distracting myself is better than crashing in a stressful situation.
And in all honesty, the things I…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
It’s up to you. Most names have been used for popular media characters at some time in the past. Your character’s identity doesn’t ride on how original their name is. But if it bothers you too much, change it.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I’ve always been picky about who to kill off, I’m a strong believer in having thematic reasons and not just irl logical reasons, or even emotional reasons. Can’t just kill them off to make people sad. But this character ticks off all the requirements.
Technically I can bring parts of them back. The magic system allows dead…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
It’s an important question
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
The theif on the cross didn’t need to be baptized. Even in modern day, we don’t convict someone for things that where done before a law was passed.
I’m… prrreeEtty dArn certain Jesus’ words on that cross are still relevant today.
Jesus’ disciples taught, and we listen to them, but they were originally taught by Jesus. I trust in His cho…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
In fact, I think 1 Peter 3:21 perfectly juxtaposes the physical and spiritual aspects of this topic
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
Plus, given God emphasizes our inability to save ourselves with deeds in the physical ream, it would be kinda weird for him to say “focus on Jesus alone, and your spirit will be saved” and then say “mkay but you have to get physically baptized or else you’re in trouble.” I believe in baptism as part of the salvation process, but I think the giving…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
Sorry for butting in, just found the passage because I was discussing this same topic with a friend, and here it is. This is the ESV.
Luke 23:32-33. Two others, who were criminals, were led away to be put to death with him. And when they came to the place that is called The Skull, there they crucified him, and the criminals, one on his…
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Ugh, y’all. I was listening to an audiobook version of The Guardian by Dee Henderson, and the reader’s voice got stuck in my head. Now whenever I read anything–and I mean literally anything–I hear it in this low, slightly gravely, male voice. Even my thoughts are getting half drawled.
The book was good. The reader I wish I could live without.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
ALSO SHOOT! I ACCIDENTALLY SKIPPED Koshka’s REPLY!!!!!!!!! SORRY! I WILL GET TO IT AFTERWARD!
You’re fine. XD I’m obviously not excessively active on KP right now (Ellette and Whalekeeper are currently conducting my funeral, LOL).
KP’s also been giving me fits, so I’m giving you a heads up that I may be a while checking back h…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
The worst part is, the character is super fun to write. I could have just killed off a stereotypically ‘good’ character, but it had to be the fun one. I’m so tempted to bring them back, even though it’s against my no-artificial-second-coming policy.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
There’s a character I’ve really got to kill, but I really don’t want to.

Contrary to popular writer tradition, I’m not just killing them off because it’s more emotional, it’s legitimately required for the plot to work. Pain.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Hey girl! Sorry I couldn’t chat last time :] I’m here now because I have a paper to write off and on tonight.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
You should be fine! I’ve heard that name in other books and projects. Unless it seems like a name with too much of a pop culture association (like Elvis or Hermione, or whatever), there’s no reason not to use it.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle @whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon
Ooops……..
………
*Starts playing taps for her own funeral*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Ugh. If any of y’all decide to write a “good twin/evil twin” trope (and I don’t care if it is well done or not at this pount) you will be getting a letter from me. I’ve been asked that stupid question a few too many times, as well as it’s frustrating cousin “who’s the mean/nice one?”. If one of y’all pick it up, prepare for Koshka to be severely…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Vyette, what does a normal morning look like for you? Does your family allow you to make important decisions yet?
Barnes, what is your most embarrassing moment?
[Pauses, as if deciding to skip over a few things]
“I get angry when I’m embarrassed, and I was furious when my parents put me in the school district pageant. They wanted…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle
We shall mourn Koshka greatly 💔 -
whaley replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Hmm… I feel like that’s a hard one… but when I think about it, I guess people motivate me, if that makes sense.
Definitely an enneagram type 9 character.
School. I try to do good, but I just can’t focus. If my mind decides to think about the cute dog I saw this morning instead of boring math, who am I to tell it no?
I smell u…[Read more]
- Load More
