-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Praying! I know it can be hard. My mom struggles with the same thing, and I get what you mean about feeling like you aren’t able to help her in any way. But Gracie, trust me, prayer is powerful. More so than you can know! @graciegirl
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Yeah. *places fire extinguisher beside laptop in case of sudden combustion*
Okay. I like that. I definitely think that idea deepens Matthias’ purpose.
Alright, so…Kara is walking back to her cell. All of the other Elementals are supposed to be in their own cells, which means that Matthias talking to one of the guards would be very…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Telepathy. A favorite ability of mine. To write, I mean. Not that I’m…actually telepathic. @kate-flournoy
Uh. Okay. At this point…I’m planning on just doing Kara’s POV. I don’t think I can manage to incorporate a theme into my story, balance multiple characters, plot out different arcs, and switch POVs. That’s too much. This story holds a lot…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Telepathy. A favorite ability of mine.
Uh. Okay. At this point…I’m planning on just doing Kara’s POV. I don’t think I can manage to incorporate a theme into my story, balance multiple characters, plot out different arcs, and switch POVs. That’s too much. This story holds a lot of firsts for me, and I don’t want to overwhelm myself.…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Um, not if you’re replying to my response… lol.
Erm, goodbye, then? @daeus
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I…goodness. That startled me more than it probably should have. @kate-flournoy
*takes a moment to settle herself* Okay. What I was going to say was…I can’t figure out what to do in chapter three. Like, part of it is a transition scene–Kara is running back to her cell after the power goes out–but I don’t know what to do after that.
I had…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
What? Wait. Just…what? @kate-flournoy That is completely irrelevant to what I’m stuck on.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m stuck.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
Yay! Thank you! @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Yes! I’m here. @daeus Anyone else?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Kate… *hugs you*
Okay. Time to do some writing.
@daeus @ethryndal STORY! Now I want to know what happened.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
You definitely didn’t mention that. @kate-flournoy
@daeus I can honestly say that I’m not afraid of Kate’s dragon breath…yet.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal Well that’s good. Always best to be prepared. 🙂 *takes chocolate* Thank you.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
Exactly.
Dragons? As in… @dragon-snapper? Or are there other dragons I should be worried about? @ethryndal
*glances around warily* -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
No, you’re right. That makes sense. I think my hesitation is stemming from the fact that I’m not sure I can write something so…complex. This WIP is bigger than anything I’ve ever tried to write before. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
No, you’re right. That makes sense. I think my hesitation is stemming from the fact that I’m not sure I can write something so…complex. This WIP is bigger than anything I’ve ever tried to write before.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Well, the question I’m struggling with is…why? Why is the Warden protecting the Elementals in the first place? The guilt thing you were talking about is great, but is that enough to help me through the Warden’s arc?
Whoa. Great idea there. Matthias as a spy? I kinda like it.
See? This is why I still need ya, Kate. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Greetings, all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@lola-jane I grew up wanting to play violin, actually, but at the time, there was no violin teacher at my church, so I had to play guitar instead…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
Oh wait @Ethryndal, the truce has been called already…oh well. 😛 Have some spare moral support.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves hand wildly * Sup Keepers!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal *whispers* Thank you. And now YOU need moral support too. *gives you it*
@Lady_Erin Oh-ho, whatever Les Mis thing you intend to watch, you need to read it for sure. 😉
Of your list, Hobbit/LotR and Star Wars are in mine too. - Load More
