-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’ll be planning/editing/writing for awhile if anyone’s interested. @daeus @ethryndal @anne-of-lothlorien @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@ETHRYNDAL You’ve outdone yourself. I’m laughing so hard I can barely type.
-
Elizabeth and
bethanys.inky.roses are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Bye! I’m logging off too. @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
It’s rather annoying, if I’m being honest. @winter-rose
Again, it’s my fault…I know how I want it to end, I just haven’t sat down and plotted it out. At all. Too busy doing actual writing, I guess–curse my short attention span.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic How much conflict is enough? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Oh, don’t worry, I have those all the time.
(Listen, Kara, you’re going to have to get out of that cell and into the world at some point)
See? My MC isn’t listening to me. *growls*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Greetings, fellow scribblers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
Hello, Bethany! Welcome to KP.
If I may ask, what is the significance of your username? @bethanysinkyroses
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Well…all of it. I have the characters. I have the villain. I have ideas about how to develop the villain’s character. I have the setting.
What I don’t have is much of a plot. I have ideas, snippets, bits of dialogue…but not a full-blown plot, and I’m getting to the point in my WIP where it’s time to stop introducing the characters and time to…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic How much conflict is enough? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Well, I hesitate to give advice on anything of this sort–someone can always make it sound better–but here goes: Don’t make it easy.
Conflict is good. Conflict propels people forward, generates realistic reactions that create character and give insight into character personality.
Don’t make it easy. Life happens. People are rude. Well-meaning…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I know. Kate usually helps me work through these things, but she isn’t on right now, so I sit. And sit. And think. @winter-rose
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@Winter-Rose I’m really glad it’s helpful. 😀
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
It’s my own fault, really. I’ve focused so much on introducing the characters that I’ve forgotten to figure out where I want the plot to go. @winter-rose
@kate-flournoy Are you on?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
It’s my own fault, really. I’ve focused so much on introducing the characters that I’ve forgotten to figure out where I want the plot to go.
@kate-flournoy Are you on?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Hello! How’re things on your end? @winter-rose
Ugh. I take back what I said earlier. I’m just brainstorming at the moment. A little stuck, actually.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
*taps microphone* Anyone here? I’ll be writing for the next 45 minutes or so. @winter-rose
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@ETHRYNDAL remember I wailed on this thread that Thorin didn’t have the Arkenstone with him in the funeral-ish scene? On page 3. But we finished watching BotFA a little bit ago, and HE DID HAVE IT! It was on him; he was sort of holding it. Peter Jackson, I apologize for yelling about that. I was wrong. It was THERE INDEED! This makes me so…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Aha, there we go.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Part Two
It was no nowhere in sight. — it says ‘no nowhere’
out you!” My grandpa yelled from the dining room. — ‘My’ = ‘my’
Don’t worry, it get’s worse. — ‘get’s’ = ‘gets’
throwing open it’s doors — ‘it’s’ = ‘its’
My mother want’s me — ‘want’s’ = ‘wants’
need to go home,” Liam eased — period after ‘home’
the door for you,” L…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
No success. I’ll try it in two parts.
@Winter-Rose Aw, thanks. 😀 I am a detail oriented person, so that’s probably the difference. (Likely something in the difference between a Perceiver and a Judger. I’m a most definite J. 😉 )
Here we are.Part One
“Thanks captain obvious,” She retreated to the fridge once again. — period after ‘ob…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Um…or two. 😀
- Load More
