Writer's corner #5

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writer's corner #5

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

I know. Kate usually helps me work through these things, but she isn’t on right now, so I sit. And sit. And think. @winter-rose

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1486

@That_Writer_girl_99. Ah. Well, thinking is good start. 🙂 What part of the plot seems to be the problem?

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99

Well…all of it. I have the characters. I have the villain. I have ideas about how to develop the villain’s character. I have the setting.
          What I don’t have is much of a plot. I have ideas, snippets, bits of dialogue…but not a full-blown plot, and I’m getting to the point in my WIP where it’s time to stop introducing the characters and time to start introducing the conflict.

That make sense @winter-rose?

Anonymous

@That_writer_girl_99 Yup that makes sense. I think that’s happened to me before, where the character’s come to me, but the plot doesn’t.

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

It’s rather annoying, if I’m being honest. @winter-rose

Again, it’s my fault…I know how I want it to end, I just haven’t sat down and plotted it out. At all. Too busy doing actual writing, I guess–curse my short attention span.

Anonymous

@That_writer_girl_99 Yea it’s always troubling. It’s like you can feel the blank space in your plot and really want to fill it, but can’t. Mabey your mind just needs a few days to come up with an idea.
                Knowing the ending is always great though.
                I think I’m going to call it quits. I started transcribing my outline and added a few details along the way. It counts up to 780 words.

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

Bye! I’m logging off too. @winter-rose

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99

I’ll be planning/editing/writing for awhile if anyone’s interested. @daeus @ethryndal @anne-of-lothlorien @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @winter-rose

Anonymous

I’m editing if anyone wants to join me. 🙂 @dragon-snapper @daeus @jess @Graciegirl @Ethryndal @Audrey-caylin @kate-flournoy @anyone

Jane Maree
                      @jane-maree
                        • Total Posts: 909

@Winter-Rose I’m writing a blog post. 🙂

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Anonymous

@Jane-maree Sweet!

DelightInLife
                          @delightinlife
                            • Total Posts: 124

@daeus @winter-rose @kate-flournoy @gracie-girl @ethryndal @aratrea

Hello!

One of my homework projects for our homeschool co-op is to write a short story that follows the Hero’s Journey pattern. (Is anyone familiar with the Hero’s Journey?)

Anyway, I would love to have someone beta read it and get some feedback. The assignment is due next Monday the 15th, so I would need it back sometime this next week (probably no later than Thursday or Friday). I still want to do some editing before I share it, but would like to post a link to it here in a day or two. Is anyone interested?

It’s in Google Docs format. Would I be able to directly copy the link in order to share it? How does that work?

(I’ve actually never had someone beta-read my writing before, so I’m excited to get a chance!)

Thank you!

PS: By the way, @winter-rose @ethryndal this is the same story that I asked for help on a few days ago. 🙂

DelightInLife
                            @delightinlife
                              Jane Maree
                              @jane-maree
                                • Total Posts: 909

@Delightinlife I’d be happy to help out if I could be of assistance.
                                And to copy it somewhere, just go to the blue ‘share’ button at the top right and click the ‘get shareable link’ and then just copy-paste that in here and it’d work fine.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

DelightInLife
                                @delightinlife

@jane-maree Yes! Awesome! Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,001 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >