Greetings, fellow scribblers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, fellow scribblers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bethanys.inky.roses
    @bethanysinkyroses
      • Total Posts: 193

Hello KPers! I joined the forum a few weeks ago and haven’t yet introduced myself. But…I can remedy that, right?
      I’m a young lady who loves Jesus, (ask me why if you like~I love talking about Him!) the forest, writing, and my family. I spend a lot of time playing our piano (who is named Elizabeth, just because naming things makes them more special) and recently, I’ve been motivated to start studying God’s word in depth for myself (not just reading, but studying.)
      Anyway, I found out about Kingdom Pen through the YWW. Ever since I’ve been devouring the helpful content and channeling my excitement into writing. I’m thrilled to be here and learn with and from you all!

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@bethanysinkyroses Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

What are you studying in the bible right now?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

bethanys.inky.roses
        @bethanysinkyroses

That was fast! It’s easy to see you believe in the cause of the Kingdom! @daeus

I’m currently studying holiness in the book of 1 Peter. Something really eye-opening for me was discovering that grace to obey comes as we obey. We don’t wait around till we feel Christ-like, but obey right now, with the faith that God will work. I really desire to be set-apart for the world and reflect the light of Christ, so understanding that for myself was crucial. I suppose I had heard someone else say something similar before, but unearthing Truth myself is so much more amazing.

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@bethanysinkyroses I agree. I tend to have to learn things myself before I get them. *sigh*

That’s a neat insight. I need to read 1 Peter again.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
            @graciegirl
              • Total Posts: 889

@bethanysinkyroses Welcome to the Kingdom!!! We’re happy to have you. 😀
              That’s awesome that your piano has a name. But, my middle name is Elizabeth so perhaps I’m biased. XD
              What sort of songs do you usually play? Have you ever heard/played any of David Nevue’s compositions before? (He’s my favorite piano artist, so that’s why I ask.)

*is probably geeking out about something*

Ethryndal
              @ethryndal
                • Total Posts: 1013

@bethanysinkyroses Hi! So glad you could join our Kingdom! Jesus, forests, writing, family—looks like we have a lot in common. 🙂

What are some of your favorite books? (Note how merciful I am by not making you choose one. 😉 ) What genre do you primarily write in?

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien
                  • Total Posts: 440

@bethanysinkyroses Hello! I am Anne Greenleaf of Lothlorien, The Secret Lady of London. I believe Daeus welcomed you to the bestisest place on the planet already, so he won. I’ll beat him one of these days…

@graciegirl
                  My middle name is Elizabeth too! With a ‘z’.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 1352

@BethanySinkyRoses Hey! Welcome here. 🙂 My oldest sister’s name is Elizabeth. 😀

bethanys.inky.roses
                    @bethanysinkyroses

@graciegirl I played “Solitude” several years ago, but that’s it. I like to compose my own songs in the style of David Nevue and Brian Crain, and I also play a couple composed by Dario Marianelli for P&P (please don’t label me as a Austen nerd, or someone who wants to marry Mr. Darcy. He actually kind of bothers me, though I do enjoy Miss Austen’s writing while not being your typical Austen fan…anyway)

@ethryndal
                      Hmmm. I’ll go with books that have changed the way I think in the last two years for non-fiction: Five Pillars of Christianity: a blueprint to build your life around Jesus Christ, by NR Johnson, This Changes Everything by Jaquelle Crowe, hmmm, oh, yes, Set-Apart Femininity by Leslie Ludy, and I could go on, but will stop there. Fiction? Anything by L.M. Montgomery and L.M. Alcott. (Just give me the L.M.’s and we’re good.)

I see I’ve pleased the Elizabeths! I do love that name. It never grows old.

Thanks all for the hearty welcome! You are amazing here. It is going to be tough to not waste too much time hanging out with you!

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99
                        • Total Posts: 1819

Hello, Bethany! Welcome to KP.

If I may ask, what is the significance of your username? @bethanysinkyroses

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Josiah DeGraaf
                        @aratrea
                          • Total Posts: 717

@bethanysinkyroses Seen you around the site some already, but welcome! 🙂 What sort of stuff do you like to write?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Anne of Lothlorien
                          @anne-of-lothlorien
                            • Total Posts: 440

@bethanysinkyroses That’s so cool that you write your own music! I’ve written three really short songs on the piano, one titled Pinball Machine, (I like fast songs) another Echoes, and the third I don’t know yet. The unnamed one is my favorite.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 3976

@BethanySinkyRoses welcome aboard, new KeePer! 😀 Look forward to seeing you around.

(@aratrea I hope you know that profile picture makes you impossible to take seriously. XD)

Josiah DeGraaf
                              @aratrea
                                • Total Posts: 717

@kate-flournoy That’s why it’s only going to be a temporary thing. 😛

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >