-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Gabby! Hi!
Um, okay. Probably best if we switch to my excerpt forum…let me find the link real quick… @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m writing if anyone’s here. @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @ethryndal @winter-rose
Kate, if you’re on…I need brainstorming help. If anyone else is willing to help, I’d love to get a fresh voice in my head… *bashes skull against nearest wall*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose @that_writer_girl_99 @audrey-caylin @daeus @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @northerner I’m editing if anyone is there.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Translation Troubles! Help!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
*closes eyes* Thanks for the spoilers…I have this book on hold at the library, you know… @graciegirl
-
Snapper replied to the topic Spring Writing/Reading Goals in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Hmm…while we’re in this topic, I have a change of goals. Instead of trying to write the other novel that I’m working on right now, I have these.
1. Enter edits from hard copy of book into computer
2. Write the LKD -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Chapter Titles in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
This is something that I’ve considered with my own WIP, and I decided not to worry about it–for the moment. The reason is that oftentimes, what I want the chapter to contain doesn’t always happen within that certain chapter. I don’t want to name the chapter something unrelated to what happens within it.
But since you’ve finished your draft, you…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Thanks @northerner
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Hi everyone–
My brother was going to go to a friends’ house today, but in the process of getting his fishing pole ready for the outing, he sliced open his hand. My mom took him to the ER, and he has to get stitches.My brother just made a travel baseball team for the summer, and we have camps, vacations, and other things that we were planning…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Chapter Titles in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Hello again!
So, I’m editing my novel, and originally, it has chapter titles, but I’m wondering whether I should keep them or not. What are you all’s opinions on chapter titles? Can they add, or can they detract?@daeus @graciegirl @northerner @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @ethryndal @that_writer_girl_99 @jane-maree @jess @audrey-caylin @delightinlife
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
It’s like trying to drink from a firehose @northerner
-
Snapper replied to the topic Spring Writing/Reading Goals in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Classics?
The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson
Beric the Briton by G. A. Henty
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m signing off now…I’ve got a case of the mushy brains. @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, well…I can’t guarantee it’ll be as epic right off the bat. But I hope to make it so. @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Spring Writing/Reading Goals in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Haha. Okay… great. That’s more than I could’ve come with up on my own. Thanks! @daeus @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Spring Writing/Reading Goals in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I knew you’d have some good ones. Thanks @daeus
Haha…the Count of Monte Cristo, I should’ve guessed.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m signing out now, all people. I wrote 161 words to the Legend of King Daeus, which I’m now calling LKD, 😛 and finished editing my book. Thanks everyone!
@winter-rose Yep, the short story I recently posted. -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Spring Writing/Reading Goals in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Wow. Okay.
Jane Austen, huh? Never read any of her stuff. And I’ve wanted to read “A Tale of Two Cities” for a while now. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
A little @winter-rose. I haven’t written much, but I’m slowly creating a roadmap for what I think will be an awesome story.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Spring Writing/Reading Goals in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Spring Writing Goal:
Reach 15k words in my WIP. I don’t think I’ve ever written anything over 10k, so it’s a step.I also want to read a few “classics”. Anyone have some recommendations?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose Well, I was working on editing my novel, but I finished editing the entire 1st draft, so yay!!!!! Then, I edited the short story for the contest (which I am open for critiquing if you want) Now, it seems that there is a very high demand for the Legend of King Daeus. Now that I’m not editing as much, I’ll work on that as soon as…[Read more]
- Load More
