-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m gonna tag @graciegirl in this, just because I know she’s been there, done that.
And also, some encouragement: life happens. So do plot holes. Take a break, get your sanity back–if you can–and don’t be afraid to try something new. @ethryndal
-
Snapper replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus Ooh, I like that…although it is a little long. Of course, the title ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’ is long too. XD Maybe instead of ‘who’ you could say ‘that’….I don’t know…weird Snapper preferences.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@glitter-ocelot Hi hi hi! Welcome to KP!
Er, yes @josiahdeboer We does want to know the story behind your name??? *glances between the two of you* *shrugs* 😛
I am Dragon Snapper, both a dragon and a Samwise Gamgee and a writer and a lover of sci-fi and fantasy and a million other things.
Anyway, glad to have you here! 😀
*flies of very…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@ethryndal Oh yeah. Taking a break from something like that is very good. Not only do you want to prevent yourself from a burnout, but also, it can lead to something even better, like what @mariposa said. I’ve done that multiple times. Planned out a story, begun writing it, then stopped. In fact, I have more than thirty stories in my files that…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@ethryndal Taking a break is one of the best things a writer can do when they’re stuck. I wrote two whole books which I ended up abandoning because of plot holes, but mainly because I was writing the way I thought I was supposed to write. I didn’t know what to do or where to go with my writing. I started writing a kooky story just for fun, and it…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@glitter-ocelot Welcome to the goofiest place on the internet (I *cough* technically did not say it, @josiahdeboer). Me, my assistant (Aberdeen the authorosaurus), and his best friend, Dee-Dee the doodledactyl, greet you! I’m elated to find another glitter lover (I literally shed glitter everywhere I go). Do you like to draw/paint or make homemade…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan I actually did write, when I was younger. They were mostly rip-offs, of course.
I have thought of doing it since, but never very seriously…I think I’m happy enough with my sister’s writing (I’m sort of ‘editor-in-chief’) that I don’t really want to do my own, and I know I wouldn’t be as naturally good at it as she is. 😛 So I don’t…[Read more] -
Snapper and
Glitter Ocelot are now friends 9 years ago -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@JosiahdeBoer Right, I thought so. 😀 Definitely not, of course. *shakes head solemnly* O no.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Mariposa It’s all right, The Good Dinosaur IS awful.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@JosiahdeBoer Whoops, you win. That wasn’t there when I started my post. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Welome to the bestistest place on the Internet @Glitter-Ocelot! ENFPs are so fun. We have several of those on here, though not as many as INFPs and INFJs. I’m an ENFJ-T with some ISFJ tendencies. And homeschooled—almost everyone here is. And nerrrrrrrrrds. So welcome home! 😀 Good to have ya.
What’s your favorite genre? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan I’m glad. 😀 I know though, books are very often better. I’ve found that if you want a pretty accurate book-to-movie adaptation, BBC does very well with it. I’ve seen a lot of BBC period dramas (mostly Dickens, Austen, Gaskell), and in my experience they’re usually really accurate. And SO WELL DONE. I love BBC.
Actually I’m not a…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
I like the last one, because that does relate to your book the mos, although I like the wording of ‘The Time of Courage’, or even without the ‘the’ in there.
@daeus -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@graciegirl No worries, I know how notifications can get buried sometimes. 🙂
Thanks for your support! It might be a while before I finish it, I’ll let you know when I do. 🙂 I might work in it today (I’ve been meaning to work on it the last few days but somehow always ended up drawing instead). I’m a little nervous because the magazine is…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus I know I haven’t read your book, but I thought I might be able to at least help you with your title. 🙂 I like the second one best. I don’t much care for the last one; it sounds a little too unoriginal. If you want to convey time travel in the title though, none of these seem to show that. And I agree with what Josiah said about the first…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Yeah…I’ve read that most of the movies of it aren’t very accurate to the book. 😛 But the book is REALLY good. Unabridged.
I like the LotR books and movies, both in different ways. Have you seen the movies, but don’t like ’em?
Heh. 😀 Go bury yourself in the library for a bit. Maybe that’ll help. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Kate-Flournoy *rolls eyes* Yah yah yah. *never says never*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Kate-Flournoy Ah, stop raining on my parade. XD
Yeah. But the like…time travel…symbols? What even would there be. Nothing there seems it would be dramatic enough for the dramatic feel of the book. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Kate-Flournoy @Daeus Symbol? EAGLE, EAGLE, EAGLE! To Soar Like Eagles.…
*snort* I KNOW. But that’s all I’ve ever been able to think of when I’ve thought what you could name it.
Like Kate said though, I think those three sound too contrived. - Load More
