-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan *nod* That makes sense. One of my favorite things about it is the flexibility, and all the time you’re able to spend with your family instead of out most of the day, when half that time is just in-between time when you’re not even in classes. When you’re at home, that in-between time can be spent doing something productive, and much…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus Well…sort of. It probably would interest me still, but I dunno…it sounds too obvious or something. It doesn’t quite click as natural. I’m not sure, which I know is really helpful but there it is.
Well, I thought that and I do think it, except that then I couldn’t think of any way it tied directly into the story or theme. It does, but…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Did you like it?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan OHH! That sounds familiar now…I’m not sure it’s just a European thing actually. I probably just didn’t recognize it right off because I’m homeschooled (it’s awesome). I think I knew the meaning at some point though.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Mmm…forgive my ignorance, but what’s half-term? A British thing particularly?
Heheh, yup. And it’s patriotic for you to do so. 😉 -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus I like it a lot, except that it sort of seems to give too much away. I mean, it’s not really giving anything away, nothing important. But it sounds like it; sounds too info-packed. Or something like that. I don’t dislike it though if that’s the only option.
I REALLY LIKE the gears of the world turn faster thing or something along those…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Mariposa Yeah, it wasn’t bad! I didn’t like it nearly as well as M I, but it was still pretty good. You?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Oh yeah, the costumes (and most other aspects) in Hornblower are absolutely fantastic. (I LOVE British acting. As with everything there are exceptions, but British acting is as a general rule much better than American. It’s amazing, and part of what makes the movies from BBC and other British companies so good.) AND the main…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
HEY @ETHRYNDAL, ME LIKES THE DICTIONARY. But as that was obviously intended to be disparaging, GO TO YOUR ROOM.
To recompense you have the supremely difficult task of figuring out just what ‘les miserables’ means in French. *scowl* And once you read that book I will likely be madder than you have ever seen if you still call it a…a DICTIONARY!…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I really don’t think I’m the right person to help you out on this @kate-flournoy, especially since… well, you’re one of the people who helps me with my writing the most.
But I’ll be praying that you find a solution to this.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Halt’s glaring at me? Uh oh. Please, can you disarm him?
-
Kina Lamb and
Lady PenDragon are now friends 9 years ago -
Kina Lamb and
Glitter Ocelot are now friends 9 years ago -
Snapper replied to the topic What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@emily-d
My favorite tool is music. Yep. Music. It is that absolute best thing for writing in the world. So inspiring. I think I like music better than the thesaurus and dictionary. Especially epic music. *nods* -
Snapper replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@theacornman Ooh, that is a good movie. Love the music! And Tars. Tars is awesome. 😛
@epicaddie2 *warily watches you warily approach Dragon Snapper and do the Hiccup thing* *tries not to melt chair. Ends up sneezing and melting your Ranger’s cloak instead.* Oops. Halt won’t be happy with that, will he?
Wait really? He was your favorite…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
And @daeus …you probably said what I was going to say except way more organized. Take some of that ice cream.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
This may sound kinda obvious, but I think the tool I use most is either my computer or my phone–but I probably use my phone more. The notepad feature is awesome and really easy to use, but there’s also a Microsoft Word app… @emily-d
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 @daughteroftheking Licorice?
Ewww….okay. I won’t melt his chair. You’ve got me.
*but not for long*
*turns to cliche side of things*
I’ll be back! -
Snapper replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus There’s also, “Who He Was.” Not sure why I thought of that….it could apply to either the MC or the Villain. *more shrugs*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Tagses!
@daeus See above.
- Load More
