@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Welcome, Joy! Glad to have you. I didn’t know you did any writing at all. @Hope never told me (naughty her). 😉 Three books…that’s awesome!
If Hope were my sister, I too might be slightly…hesitant…to let her wear a cloak out of the house. But then again, my ten year old brother has a cloak that he wears everywhere…
I love your profile…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Welcome, Joy! Glad to have you. I didn’t know you did any writing at all. @Hope never told me (naughty). 😉 Three books…that’s awesome!
If Hope were my sister, I too might be slightly…hesitant…to let her wear a cloak out of the house. But then again, my ten year old brother has a cloak that he wears everywhere…
I love your profile picture! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@joy-schmidt
Who? -
Daeus replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Well, I pretty much just left my first book in the dumps. It was a nonfiction book though. *shivers* Too much work.
The one I’m writing now though is going to be published. It is my darling book. It is a must book. I’m in love with it. If my editors tell me it sucks, I will rewrite it. I will get it done somehow.
But if this book you’re talking…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I still have my first book that I’ve never finished, so I wouldn’t be one to talk about never abandoning a book.
You could maybe finish it sort of tongue-in-cheek humor, if it’s the kind of story that would work with. Other than that, just figure out where you want to go, and if it still doesn’t seem to be working, have Hope help you outline it.…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Except…I really liked that book. Well, as much as I knew of it anyway. 🙁 Write another story using the same theme and characters.
And why am I writing this to you when you’re sitting across from me talking to me and distracting me from writing this to you?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Wow, 3 books! I’d say that’s probably enough to qualify…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Of course publishing for free counts. That’s what I’ve been doing here. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Is it a crime? Certainly not! If you can’t find anything at all worth pursuing in it, just let it go. But you need to be certain there’s really nothing of worth in it— don’t just determine that by how you feel about it right now. Here’s a really good article that may help with this— Awesome Writing Article
Sometimes it’s better to let one…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy's profile was updated 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Comedian! I’ve always wanted to be a comedian. I’m going to go write that on my wall.
That’s what writers are supposed to do, write?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Welcome Joy. It’s nice to see another person who’s not a real writer. All I do is throw a bunch of stuff up on a page and then ask my mom to make sense of it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Short Story beginning-critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
Well, I like this. Overall it’s very good. 😀
Daeus got most of it, but I just wanted say I was a little confused about when Connor starts talking to Mal. First we see Connor talking to the guide, and are taken back to when Connor had been listening to the boring receptionist. Then we have
That last one perked up my ears and I’d glanced over a…
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
*throws confetti* Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Joy! Always nice to see a new face! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Hello, Joy. Welcome regardless of how often you write, or whether or not you understand just exactly how crazy real writers can be. 😛
If you hang around this site long enough, *cue evil laugh* you will begin to find yourself understanding more and more… falling deeper and deeper into the pit… becoming a real writer yourself, even! Horrors!…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
How about ‘I am just weird and so I want to wear the cloak to see everyone’s reactions?’
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
That depends on the definition of writer. You only write as a hobby every month or so instead of sticking with something and doing it. And I want to read your stories. 🙁 Also, you don’t understand my writer excuses for things. Like me wanting to wear my homemade cloak to the finals of our theology class. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
That depends on the definition of writer. You only write as a hobby every month or so instead of sticking with something and doing it. And I want to read your stories. :'( Also, you don’t understand my writer excuses for things. Like me wanting to wear my homemade cloak to the finals of our theology class. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Short Story beginning-critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
Just to save myself from being taking too much time on this, I’m going to be very to the point and un-personal. I hope you don’t mind.
the boring receptionist drone on and on about randomness
I got confused because I thought the receptionist actually was a drone.
15 college students, all from different colleges, but all interested in biomedical…
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(Ah… I see what you’re doing here. I’ll try to work this out.)
Quinn: There was a certain captain that I knew that was something like you… in mannerisms, really. The look isn’t too much the same.
His grudge wasn’t with men, though. It was against his God.
It looks like at least you have made a turn for the better. I’m sad to say the fellow I…[Read more] - Load More
