@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
The Screwtape Letters. READ THEM. READ THEM READ THEM READ THEM.
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Greta's profile was updated 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I’ll do that. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Um, maybe. I’m not really sure what you thought I said and what you think now anymore. How about you just wait and what ever I do I’ll do.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Well who says you can’t be a medieval belt and cloak person and an elf hat and poncho person at the same time, @writefury?
I am.
What kind of hats do elves wear, anyway? 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Okay, yes, you did say that— sorry. My bad. It sounded like you were saying you would be posting excerpts from your work on your site, and would be glad if other people would do that with their own work on their own sites. But I read it wrong.
I have a cold.
What? That’s not a fit excuse? 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Welcome, Joy! I’ve only been on KP for a short time, but from what I’ve seen so far there’s an awesome community of Christian teen writers here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Its a common sister dynamic. I sometimes wear some *ahem* interesting things out. But my little sister is usually the one I have to convince out of crazy outfits. 😉
I’m a cloak and medieval belt person. She’s got the elf hat and poncho going. -
Daeus replied to the topic Real Men: To Cry or Not to Cry?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Certainly not if he wasn’t depressed. If he was feeling suicidal and depressed, he might cry, I’m not sure, but it wouldn’t be like a baby. If he were to have had a real close friend or relative die at the same time, I think that all that together would make it realistic. Still, even if a man cries in earnest, it just isn’t the same as how a baby…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
As I’ve told my sister, I’ve not come to a final decision about the cloak…I’ll talk to Mom about it first. But it’s as much fun to scandalize Joy about things I’d like to do as it is to actually do them. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Aw come on you guys… have a heart. 😛
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
@Joy-Schmidt I wouldn’t know about older siblings, but regardless of that I agree with you…no cape for @Hope. At least, not outside of the house. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yeah, I meant my story. I think I said that. I think it’s good people post excerpts here. I did it myself.
Oh, @joy-schmidt, I actually do have two excerpts up here already, but they are entirely random sections and weren’t edited.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, looks like you have some great storylines going there @joy-schmidt!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
With your story, did you mean, @Daeus? Or are you tired of all the excerpts posted on this forum? 😛
Your story doesn’t sound bad at all, Joy. One thing I noticed right off is that you seem to have only two or three MC’s— and that’s good. I really admire that… because I seem physically unable to do a story with less than five or six. 😛
Was…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Hey, I have a character with a very similar name to Raimund. It’s Rameaux.
I suppose I’ll probably be posting small excerpts of my book when it comes out, but not here. I’d probably do that on my own site, and what would be even better is if other people would do that on their sites.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy That would be positively fantastic! I’ll take all the beta-reader I can get. Baby sister, pet dragons, hobo friends, etc.
I realized after I decided on the plot that the story is just about what you’d expect to get if you mashed (guess what?) The Count of Monte Cristo, Ben-Hur, and A Tale of Two Cities together.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Joy-Schimdt— I would trust Hope. She has my vote of confidence. That’s the nice thing about having another writer in your family— you can always ask each other for advice, whether you do it across the room or computer to computer. 😛
@Daeus— your book sounds fascinating. I’ll beta read it for you— really I will. I owe you one, after all.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Oh, ok. Sure, that’s fine to ask.
I’m not very good at describing it, but I will have to at some point, so this will be good practice. I am also going to describe parts I haven’t written yet, so things may change a bit.
To keep it basic, it is about a 12ish year old boy who experiences this great tragedy which embitters him against the person…[Read more]
- Load More
