@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Ah, poor Cobalt. In with the bad guys, is he?
I don’t think Denholm’s going to stop being banged up and banged around until the climax finally finally comes and goes. Everything’s gone wrong for the poor guy lately.
It’s okay. He forgives me. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh boy this thing made me laugh.
I’ve absolutely nothing to pick on except one thing. I noticed you use subject sentences a LOT. So many of the sentences began with ‘I’ or ‘Me’ or ‘The etc.’ You might try breaking up that pattern a bit— it can sound a little strange.
But otherwise this was great. Sterling has a very distinct personality (so…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Ah, I see. 😛 I would never want you to kill Denholm. Cobalt’s rather banged up at the moment as well, though. XD
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
*plants my flag* I am a pioneer in the sci-fi realm of this forum. First topic here. Because I couldn’t find a humor forum, partly. 😛
Okay, anyway. I wanted to write a story about a malicious navigator for a while. And I had to write a story for school, so I seized the moment and now my malicious navigator exists in the CleverNav.
A little…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Only when I am extremely nervous or in a very stressful situation do I talk out loud in second person.
The occasional first person comment on a ridiculous situation is more common for me. Sarcastic first person. -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I haven’t done Kindle specifically, but I’ve done the general ebook formatting. The chapter break stuff is a pain. But it’s pretty much the only one, so that’s good. I didn’t have the word doc headings in properly so it took me a while to fix, but if you have that going it should be alright.
@kate-flournoy, we aren’t exactly a huge public. Still,…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@hope shhh! *shocked voice* I’m not ready to declare myself in the public market yet! *looks around stealthily, lowers voice* I’ll tell you a secret— you are my guinea-pig.
😉 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Also, does anyone know if, after you publish a kindle book, you could edit or add to it? Like if I published a novella and then, a month later, wanted to add a page at the end with contact information or a free book or something like that? Could I change it or do I need to make sure everything is done before I publish it?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Actually, @kate-flournoy is designing my cover. 😉 I’m currently planning on doing the rest of the formatting. And I did just get that book, though I’ve not read it yet.
And I don’t know if I’ll just do kindle. Right now I basically want to have two novellas to build my mailing list though, to start with, I am going to attempt to publish…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes!!! Same here; I asked my sister that question and the look she gave me still makes me laugh.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Second person. Always second person. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Hmm, no I can’t say I’ve had any experience with kindle (but give me a couple months).
Did you get that book I mentioned in “dear me, I’ve been selfish”. I think that will cover a lot of your questions. If you did the goodriter thing, I think they have some other books that might help you too.
I know if you pay someone to design your front…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I’m preparing to publish a novella on Kindle and have learned a few things about how to tag and market it, but I’m wondering if anyone here has firsthand experiences about actually publishing the thing? What sort of accounts or programs do you need? What type of format and resolution does the cover need to be? Do you need to have a bank account of…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
A random and slightly crazy question…judge me insane if you wish. Most people say they talk to themselves, but what they consider talking to themselves and what I consider talking to myself are two very different things. It would probably be more accurate to say I talk with myself. Anyway *takes deep breath*…do you talk to yourself in first or…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Go for it! No time like the present for anything. There is also no reason you couldn’t take an old book and re-boost its sales. People do that all the time.
@ivy-rose Glad you’re liking it. I am too. Did you get Reader Magnets?
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for posting this! I downloaded it on my sweet little Kindle (Christmas gift…yippie!!!) and have begun reading it. Awesome resource! Thanks so much! 🙂
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
All of your resources have been fantastic Daeus! I look forward to looking into this newest book you’ve suggested.
I’ve already done some self-publishing, but I haven’t yet taken it very seriously. (such as marketing and gigantic email lists, etc.) :pI think now is a good time to start!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I’m becoming convinced that that is because most authors don’t really have a good plan and so they blame their failure on being an indie. My strategy is to hunt down successful authors, copy what they did, and then add my on twist to make it even better. I don’t really care what unsuccessful authors have to say.
I’ll try to publish a case study…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Okay, wow, thanks for the info. So much of the research I’ve done on indie publishing has come out gloomy and negative, but maybe I just didn’t search deep enough. I’ll definitely keep those books in mind.
-
MarkMcGuire changed their profile picture 10 years, 9 months ago
- Load More
