@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus I’m sure we all thank you we don’t live in a black hole. We are very grateful. 😉
@Joy-Schmidt okay… I think I got it. I’ll just ask a few general questions to get you started. First off, is he cautious because he doesn’t have experience? If so, the caution is going to be one of uncertainty and indecisive fear, with lots of nail-biting,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
RA is by John Flanagan. And with a bit of fixing, they are an awesome series. If you haven’t read them you should!!!
It sounds like a book that I would cry at. (Everything makes me cry. I feel for all the heroes and when they cry so do I) Whenever we watch a movie that we know is going to be sad, my siblings say “Let’s get out the bathers and…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
The book you mentioned “Ranger’s Apprentice” (from what you said) sounded similar.
It is a book of thrilling suspense, vivid characters, and the deepest emotions you will find in all of fiction.
It is also my favorite fiction piece ever.
It is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. (I have problems with understatement)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Haha. Never read it. In fact hadn’t heard of it till now. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@bluejay The Count of Monte Cristo.
… had to say that.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I find I actually prefer to write about males then females. Seeing as my favourite topic to write about is war, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised!!!
@joy-schmidt have you watched Narnia-Prince Caspian? (I’ve only just watched it. So good. Cried heaps and heaps.) Your prince makes me think of him. He is calm and cautious, but when he learns about…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Glad to help. And the last paragraph, what’s really funny about it is that it is actually true (except maybe the black hole thing. I’d have to talk to some scientists).
That’s a good idea to have a female protagonist. That’s actually trendy you know. Bonus points. I’ve even thought about writing a pirate story with a female protagonist, not so…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I would probably pace the floors of the palace in a small area back and forth at such a rate as would ware through the floors in a day or two in a completely zoned out deep concentration that excludes the rest of the world. Meanwhile my head would be spinning at a million miles per hour at how to capture this evil despicable wretch of a traitor…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Realistic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Yikes… that depends so much on the guy’s personality. The prince’s, I mean. If I was the prince I would probably faint… but I’m sure that’s not helpful. 😛
Can you sketch out his personality a little? I could tell you so much more that way.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Thank you. I’ve been sleeping while you’ve all been thinking and writing. 🙂 Hehe The joys of living in a different time zone. 😛
@writefury – the line “Again, not a smart thing to say” is actually a tie-in to a previous comment.
I really wish you could all read the story. It is probably too long to post on the forum. But you’d be able critique it…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
G’day, Tessa! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! 😀
Great story bit so far. 🙂 Let’s see… I had the same exact line as Kate’s first one pop into my head for that… so I’ll think of something else.
Maybe, “Life is full of dangers, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be faced”? I think the main problem there is that you used to many words and the point is…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Perfect love poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Great job! 🙂 One correction I’d make in the opening verse to make it flow a little smoother:
For many years I’ve known;
We aren’t supposed to fear
I’d heard of “perfect love”
But never let it come so nearI’d add in a “that” in the second line so it’s “That we aren’t supposed to fear.” Just helps the rhythm to have that extra beat there. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Hi Tessa, glad you joined us.
I thought of this:
“Life is full of dangers, but the greatest danger of all is to hide from it.”
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield – Yes Australia is an awesome place. At the moment we are in our second month of summer and it is a sweltering heat of about 30C inside (which is about 86F). But summer is my favourite month so I don’t really mind. (Which is really weird cause I was born in winter!!! But I find I get sick more often when it is wet on cold.:()…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy– Anna and her parents aren’t animals. She goes to Africa (Masai Mara reserve) to stay with her uncle. There she rescues a baby giraffe stuck in the mud (Savanna) and falls in love with her.
I like yours. I really like the “hide away” part. -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Why Hello Tessa! So glad you’ve joined us here on the forum!
Australia is a simply wonderful place to be from!
Your book sounds like a lovely story! I like how Anna starts on one side of the perspective when her mom isn’t sure about sending her on her own and then it turns out that Anna ends up on the other side of the perspective, wanting to be…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhhhhhhhh… somehow I missed that they were animals. *oops*
Sorry about that. 😛
Or… are they animals? Are Anna and her parents animals? Or are you just looking for a good line that will fit with both animals and humans?If so…
Well, let’s see. Oh boy. Ummmm… *squinches eyes up meditatively* ‘Just because life is dangerous doesn’t mean…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Thanks. That’s a good way to say it for humans but I’m not sure if it works for animals. Here is the other part of the story where it is used.
“Savanna’s not a pet, Anna.”
“Yeah, I know but…”
“No ‘buts’.”
“But I want her to be safe. It’s so dangerous out there. Anything could happen.”
I could feel tears coming to my…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield I told her. She’s a quiet little thing of few words, but I could tell she was pleased. 😀
- Load More
