@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I don’t have writer’s block either. I create my own writer’s block. I know, I shouldn’t, but I do. I never have any problem with figuring out what to write. I just pace around and let my brain particles loose to search the universe for any possibilities and then have them come back with solutions. The bigger the problem, the longer it takes, but…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic This Poet Would Love Your Critiques in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhh. That makes a lot of sense! Thank you both @daeus and @kate-flournoy
Yay! Good I’m learning about poetry!Hmmmm… your trimming of my poem is great Daeus. Mind if I steal a few of your lines?
I’m going to try and reconstruct it and polish it off! -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Oooo! You are so luckly. I hit writer’s block all the time. Sometimes I hear something and I think “that’s such a great story idea” and start writing and then get stuck. 😛 I hate it when I do that. Do you have any suggests on how to come up with idea for stories too? That is one of the things I struggle with the most. I like your suggestion. I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I don’t. Seriously, I don’t. At least not majorly. There have been times when I was having difficulty remembering why I had found a particular scene so inspiring and exciting, but never actually have I had a bad case of real writer’s block.
Sometimes when I’m having difficulty with inspiration, though, I’ll switch to a different project for a…[Read more]
-
BlueJay started the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
What do you do when you hit writer’s block?
-
Daeus replied to the topic When Do You Write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Morning. I am a morning person. Ask anybody.
But even more than that, I write best when I plan to write. If I decided such a day wouldn’t be good to write, and then that changed, I wouldn’t do it. But if I decided to do it, chances are I will. The thing now is I need to learn to plan to write more.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
I love that part too. I think my favourite line bit though is:
Another two, rifles at the ready, watched the water for crocodiles. I wondered if that would make my mum feel better or worse. -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
“What’s wrong?” she asked.
“Nothing,” replied Dad.
I still don’t understand why people say that when there really is something wrong. It’s one of life’s great mysteries.Loved this! 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic When Do You Write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I write in bits as I get time. Normally an hour or so throughout the morning and another hour or two in the afternoon. I like getting everything done before evening so I can relax and read then; but sometimes I write after supper too.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic When Do You Write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I do 7pm to 10pm on weekdays, and all day Saturday since Saturday is seldom very busy for us as a family. 🙂
-
Ivy Rose started the topic When Do You Write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
During NaNoWriMo this year, I tried a few different times of the day to write. I tried from 6am to 9am, but having no morning-person-ness in me whatsoever, that didn’t go well after a week or so. So then, I tried writing from 3pm to 5pm. That worked pretty good, but I was continually being called away to do something around the house. After that,…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@ivy-rose Oh, snow?! Lucky… we pretty much either get clear and cold, or warm and wet. There is no in between. It’s like snow is impossible for this weather. 😛
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
You know you’re a writer when your little brother shows his appreciation for Back to the Future by chortling that “This is a good plotline!”
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Aww. 🙁 Well, I’m probably not much of an actress (though I’ve never tried acting before), so I’d better just stay here in the freezing cold, looking out at the pretty snow, (I don’t know how to post photos on here) and reading a good book. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Yeah! Not sure what my family would say but why not? 😉 Oh wait, I have a theatrical production coming up next week and as I’m the lead role, I’d better stay put. *Sad sigh* (Can you post photos on the forum, if yes, you should post some of lovely white fluffy snow.) 😀
I do hope, though, to travel to America one day. My brother went to Texas and…[Read more] -
Ivy Rose replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@bluejay YES!!! We have snow. A lot of snow. Of course you can visit me…why don’t we just trade places for awhile? You get snow and I get warm weather. Deal? 😉
Hey, I do that to my ‘in’s’ all the time! My fingers can’t keep up with my brain! 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Good point!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Oops. That n should have been ‘in’. Grrrrrrr
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@ivyrose – You have snow!?! You are so lucky. We didn’t get any snow last year and I looooooove playing n snow. Can I come an visit you??? 😛
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@writefury Isn’t it amazing the temp difference in one state? We have some friends that live near Seattle and they tell us that it is quite pleasant there…40 degrees or so. It didn’t get any warmer than 10 degrees here today, but the sun was shining very bright and making the snow look like glitter. It was beautiful, despite the bitter cold that…[Read more]
- Load More
