@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@writefury I’ve never read ‘The Quest for the Seven Castles’…is it good? In my series, each story deals with a separate and how it’s connected back to the Prince (love because of the prince, have inner peace because of trusting Him, etc.) They aren’t connected directly with each other. The theme which does run though the novellas is the Gospel…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Good Bet (Short Story) in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks, @kate-flournoy! Thanks for replying, I’m glad you enjoyed it! 😀 I might have to use Holt again sometime. This is his only story as of yet. 😛
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
There was one book sort of going along that same concept I read called “The Quest for the Seven Castles”, except that one was going along traits mentioned in 2 Peter, I believe. Are you acknowledging within the story that the traits are connected, or is it more subtle?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus It’s Smashwords, I think. Thanks, that should help. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Legends of Light could work… 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Fruits of the Fairies??? :s
-
Daeus replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@hope I’m a little unsure what you were asking, but I’ll try to answer this.
I think you were asking how to publish outside of Amazon. I’m not positive, but I imagine you should be able to upload directly to all of the other retailers. I know at least for some you can (ibooks is one). Some people like to upload their book to this one company (I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Here’s a quick idea—don’t know if it has any merit, but it struck me all of a sudden.
Legends of Light.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Hm… I’ll have to think on that one. 😛 I’ll let you know if I come up with anything especially brilliant. 😉
-
Hope Ann started the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
I am writing a series of nine novellas; they are all retellings of fairy tales, but with an allegorical twist, each one portraying one of the Fruits of the Spirit (with a larger allegorical thread of the coming and sacrifice of the one true Prince running through all nine stories). Anyway, I’m trying to come up with a good title and was wondering…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Another question…if no one answers here I might start a topic. 😉 Anyway, does anyone know how to publish an ebook which isn’t on kindle? By that I mean, how does one link their book directly from a website so others can download it for kindle, nook, etc. I’m trying to figure this out so I can have it on my website and then price match so it…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Good Bet (Short Story) in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey, @writefury! Sorry, I didn’t notice you’d posted or I would have gotten back to you sooner. 😛
I love this story— everything about it. The casually western feel, the quiet vividness of the MC… and the emotional hook with Owen Morgan. All the characters were well done, the dialogue was fantastic, and the last line was perfect. Tied it all…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic A Good Bet (Short Story) in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
So, following in Jada’s footsteps, I’m putting up what I wrote for the cowboy picture prompt. 😛
Tell me what you guys think!“Whoa, boy.”
I pull my horse to a stop next to the creek and slide off the saddle. Hoof prints dot the soft dirt for the stretch of a few yards, then disappear as the ground changes to hard rock and dust. I bend dow…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Short Story by JadaMae in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Great story, Jada! It would definitely be a good start for something bigger if you wanted to. 🙂
Something I’d fix, you have her thoughts at the beginning in italics and quotation marks. I think only the italics are really needed here.
Enjoyed reading it! -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks, @kate-flournoy. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh— and another new favorite.
Rose of Prophecy, by @Hope Schmidt. 😀
Seriously. Which says a lot for her, because when someone reads a book specifically to pick holes in it (I beta read it for her) they generally can’t get over the mistakes. 😛
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Best Book Ever in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I love some of the descriptions used in the prophets; Joel 2:2 is one of my favorite examples (and the only one I could think of at the moment):
A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I just finished a book I’d never heard of in my life before— my grandma lent it to me. It’s called ‘Beyond Sing the Woods’, and is by Trygve Gulbranssen. TRIG-VEE GULL-bran-sen.
That. Book. Was. Fantastic.
It’s a classic, and so can be a little slow and meandering at times, but it has got to make at least the top ten favorite books for me.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Best Book Ever in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
And then there are the really sad stories. King Saul. King Solomon. King David, even, though his started out so well. All of their stories did, in fact. From redemption to rejection.
But thankfully not all the stories are like that. My favorite New Testament hero is Paul— his story is absolutely mindblowing. And Peter— a story of fear and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Best Book Ever in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
And then there are the really sad stories. King Saul. King Solomon. King David, even, though his started out so well. All of their stories did, in fact. From redemption to rejection.
But thankfully not all the stories are like that. My favorite New Testament hero is Paul— his story is absolutely mindblowing. And Peter— a story of fear and…[Read more]
- Load More
